Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First suggestion post (whoa!): I think about "AirwaySim" and other...
(05-26-2023, 11:33 AM)wasgehtdichdasan Wrote:
Eric.B dateline='[url=tel:1389455321' Wrote: 1389455321[/url]']
My idea would be this:

Plane has 12 hours night flying, 12 hours day flying.
You assign a plane to a route, say MIA to LAX, that takes up 8 Hours (Flight Time, Turn Over time, etc)
That plane has 5 Hours of free time in day, you could say assign it to MIA to JFK (4 Hours) your day slots are now filled
You could then fill the plane with Night Slots, JFK to CDG ( ~12 hours) Probably could allow overlap as well. In which case this route wouldn't work, but that's the idea.

Customers will auto connect flights, If it wants to go LAX-CDG It'll buy a ticket for LAX-MIA, MIA-JFK, JFK-CDG. You'll be able to set discounts per leg.
It's just like a chess move search. However I might have to limit the depth at which it'll search (two or three legs at most)

Hi Eric,

i have a lot of experience in playing transport- and flightsims and want to Share my 2 Cents.
  • Hour-Based scheduling make no Sense because ist’s to time consuming and a Problem if you change Aircraft with Differenz speeds and so on
  • You Need a Type of scheduling to differ the airlinemodells lowcost/Touristic (fly from 6 to 00:30 as much legs as possible) and the Classic Network Airlines (mostly hubwaves with rebooking to different Connections if some leg is fully Booked)
  • You Need (only for Network airlines) a Solution to priorise bookings of the Connection flights from Long haul and Short haul to avoid that somebody Can‘t book Long haul because the Short haul flight is full.

I Can Imagine following solutions for the scheduleing:
  • No time scheduling, But a toggle for every Route with direct and Network. Direct will be for the lowcost Model. Network will allow to Setup clock-times when your Waves Starts at an specific Airport to allow Transfer passender. The Game will shedule the flights automatic to this Waves. If Not possible -> error Message.
  • Or easier: no scheduleing, you can enter for Exempel 14 flights/week for a route. The Game will plan the flights to every Morning/Evening and have to simulate the passender Transfer…

There are three scheduling systems depending on what the player wants to use. We have the traditional flight scheduling system found in AirwaySim and other games where you schedule everything in 5-minute intervals via a time chart. There is also a very simplistic system similar to AeroBiz, where the player assigns an airplane to a single route. In between these two is the aforementioned allotted time system.

You are free to select which type of scheduling system you want to use at the start of the game.

Both AeroBiz and the Allotted Time system are unrealistic. I am designing them to cater to more casual gameplay and not hardcore/realism. The Allotted Time system would fix issues with the AeroBiz system where you can't use short-haul aircraft in multiple routes. It's designed to be a gateway between a very simplistic system and Time Charts.

So for all of your concerns, forget the Allotted Time and the AeroBiz style systems. Those are not for you. You're likely to be using the Time Chart system.

Quote:This Part is for me one of the Most Important Parts of the Game and the Solution Must allow to run lowcost,Touristik,Network and regional Airlines in a Balanced and understandable way.

This is a major goal of the game, and I believe I solved it with how I designed the passenger systems. Testing will tell, however.

Quote:As Addition it world be Good to simulate different passender Types (Tourist, Business) and find a way to handle flight cancellations because Problems with the Plane and wether. As Addition Short-/longterm Leasing will be cool.. For broken Planes or busy summertimes…

Already planned and partly implemented.

Also, note this thread is 9 years old. So I would take everything written here with a grain of salt. A lot has changed since this thread was made. For instance, I have a 40-page design doc now and a good chunk of code written. I didn't have anything back then.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Thank you for your Details reply. What I forgot - we Need a Type of Publicity Transport or area-based demand. For Example - Stockholm is having 3 Airports or for example Malmö and Copenhagen… People from all three Airports should be able to select the best suitable Connection for Start/ending their journey. And normaly it makes More Sense to select arlanda to Travel to us insteed take a connecting flight from bromma.

btw. People from southern sweden are often faster at copenhagen Airport as Malmö Airport due better public transport…
(05-28-2023, 03:33 PM)wasgehtdichdasan Wrote: Thank you for your Details reply. What I forgot - we Need a Type of Publicity Transport or area-based demand. For Example - Stockholm is having 3 Airports or for example Malmö and Copenhagen… People from all three Airports should be able to select the best suitable Connection for Start/ending their journey. And normaly it makes More Sense to select arlanda to Travel to us insteed take a connecting flight from bromma.

btw. People from southern sweden are often faster at copenhagen Airport as Malmö Airport due better public transport…

Please refer to the first paragraph in latest AeroMogul update thread instead of this general public thread. https://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=4424

I am not at liberty to talk about the game design specifics in a public thread, but since you are an FBS contributor, you have access to post in the private threads.

Suffice to say, the core of the game is already designed and most of it already implemented. The design document for the implemented features are pretty sufficient. There isn't going to be much deviation from it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Hi Eric, this thread is called suggestions and i believe its More suitable. Maybe you can check the structures die i didn‘t figured out what you will Tell me in the First paragraph Smile
Have a nice day!
(05-29-2023, 04:55 AM)wasgehtdichdasan Wrote: Hi Eric, this thread is called suggestions and i believe its More suitable. Maybe you can check the structures die i didn‘t figured out what you will Tell me in the First paragraph Smile
Have a nice day!

To be more exact, paragraph 2 and paragraph 4. Read it carefully because it says more than what appears on the surface.

It's fine to make suggestions here. But note, I am not disclosing many details about the game's design in public since there are MANY competitors to this game. Two of which I know lurk here but haven't paid for FBS. If you want detailed answers, ask questions in more private channels. And with this particular topic, the linked update is probably the best place.

But of course, if you're only making suggestions, not asking questions. I can only say I have already considered, implemented, or have something similar in the design docs for most suggestions. I can only disclose the latter two more privately.