Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.21 Discussion
Enjoy it? Hate it? Let me know!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Version 1.21 is stable and has some nice features. I like it.

The feature I like the most probably are the news articles. Everything seems historically correct & since most messages before this update were kind of random and unneccessary, I really like this addition. Some variety was needed, especially if you play this game for hours and hours. Usually, when opening the newspaper, I am mostly interested in who buys whom. But alongside I have a look the other news and especially during war times, it is interesting to see some new picture and read some new stuff.

Another feature I appreciate is the preview of stock market prices in the preview.

My suggestion would be to add more content to the newspaper, e.g. from Wikipedia. How about one article for each month? Such pages exist on Wikipedia and it shouldn't be too much work. It would be a great addition to the game.

I read your changelogs / progress threads on different versions of GC and I have the deepest respect for your work and discipline. Thank you, Eric!
(02-28-2017, 07:55 AM)kurmolke Wrote: My suggestion would be to add more content to the newspaper, e.g. from Wikipedia. How about one article for each month? Such pages exist on Wikipedia and it shouldn't be too much work. It would be a great addition to the game.

That's sort of the entire purpose of me working on the mod tools for v1.22. To finish missing external "content" in the game.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski