Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IndieRetroNews Pre-Beta Review
We sent out a couple pre-beta review builds to some of our friends in the press. Check out Indie Retro News' thoughts on our game:

http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/03/ge...uring.html
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
By the looks of that review, it looks promising, if it wasn't so buggy.... I really do hope most bugs are ironed out by the 28th.
Also remember - one of the main goals of any Beta is to eliminate bugs that could not be found before.. And the testers responsibility is to report those ))
Our internal test on ~6 computers didn't have that many problems.

But yes, mrx_ua is correct, beta is mainly our way of doing massive tests on lots of hardware to find these bugs. As Indies we can't afford 50 different computer systems like the big guys at EA. That's why you get a beta of GC but you never see betas of games like Skyrim.

That being said, I believe I've found and fixed most of the bugs he talked about in his review. That's not to say the game is bug free. But it's even more stable than before.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Well that's good. And yeah, I kinda forgot what beta meant due to the seeming dilution of the term by AAA studios. I promise you, I WILL REPORT BUGS! biggrin