Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which engine do you design in 1900?
(07-20-2016, 11:50 AM)Unavailableartist Wrote: Ive played around a bit with this car design its not been easy for me. I usually got for a sedan with a high horsies but I see torque is way more important. XD

Well torque is half the variable for horsepower (the other being rotation.) In early game years, the amount of torque output of engines are lower compared to modern engines of the same size. As such if you have a heavy vehicle, you're going to need more torque than horsepower to move it. You can make an engine rotate all it wants, if it doesn't have the torque to push the vehicle along it's not going to matter.

Later in the game horsepower should be playing a little more important role in maintaining adequate top speeds. At which point you can reduce torque and increase RPMs.

Up until you hit the point where you're fighting terminal velocity. In which case torque again becomes important as you need to push back against the atmosphere.

Quote:my design are hugely based on power weight... but now I see the error in my ways lmao. I target wealthy (which may be why I go bankrupt lol)

Throughout history most automotive companies that targeted wealthy owners have always gone out of business or have been absorbed by other companies. While it is possible to run a hyper luxury company in GC. It is suggested to do mass market consumer vehicles to get a feel for the game before trying your hand in the high end stuff.

Quote:my price usually goes
231~ I-2 for a first engine I find it gets best power (Ill do torque next time)... 8hp 40-50 nms of torque.
30 is my standard gas mileage.

Depending on the type of vehicle you're designing, torque, top speed, hp, etc may not be that important.

Quote:I usually push out a $1000 car by 6/1/1901 and go bankrupt because I sell like 1-4 cars a month. And my profit margin is super low I usually go for %15 profit+corporate/unit costs.

Which cities are you trying to sell in? $1000 sedan should do quite well.

(07-21-2016, 03:49 AM)Cerberus23 Wrote: I'd like to see myself loosing shares to other companies because they're just creating better cars and i'd have to find new ways to adapt to this. I barely ever get to see a report stating that i'm losing money from a build car on the long run expect it's a car purely build with racing intends. And even these are creating profit (which of course is not showing in the specific report Smile)

Well the AI has improved since 1.19, it will get another around of improvements toward the end of Early Access. It just takes so much time to tweak the AI, I couldn't continue to work on it without a bunch of people grumbling that there hasn't been updates.

In any event, I still have a few things planned up my sleeves for the AI. And some of the new maps will condense the playing space, thus hopefully improving AI's production output, so that if a company designs a good vehicle, it can produce enough of them.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Which engine do you design in 1900? - by Nuvag - 06-11-2016, 03:44 AM
RE: Which engine do you design in 1900? - by Eric.B - 07-22-2016, 07:53 AM