Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]technology
hi is the game going to be period correct technology (not like detroit ie. cassette tape in 1930's, or air bags in 1940's). also how come u r starting in 1900 not 1893 when car where starting to be built.
thanks
That's one of the things I hated about Detroit. No we don't have "Selectable technology" like Detroit. There is no "Cassette Players", "Heaters", etc. These things are all represented in sliders. The more technology focused you have, the more of the latest gadgets you'll have. The more luxurious the more luxury goods/materials you'll have. This prevents super silly things like Cassettes in 1930 and allows for things that I can't even imagine putting in the game. (With a little imagination of course.)

The only selectable pieces are the parts of a component. For example leaf springs, trailing arms, and limited slip just to name a few. All of these are introduced in game the exact same time frame as they do in the real world.

1900 was chosen mainly for city data. It's very hard to find the per capita of nations in 1900. But it was sure of a lot easier than finding them in 1893. 1900 is also a nice round number.

The other starting years:
1930- Depression years
1950- Post War
1980- Modern
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski