Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Beta Date Announced!
Article: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=285

Questions? Anyone?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Question.

Have you considered opening pre-orders and letting pre-order users have access to the full timespan of the game? I know the latter half of the timespan has balancing issues, but if people are willing to pay money for a longer timespan of a beta, they're probably willing to report bugs and stuff.... plus it means you start getting some monetary compensation.

Just putting it out there.

P.S: I really wanna pre-order, so I have a bit of a motivation for this post. :3
(02-27-2013, 03:49 AM)NexxusDrako Wrote: Question.

Have you considered opening pre-orders and letting pre-order users have access to the full timespan of the game? I know the latter half of the timespan has balancing issues, but if people are willing to pay money for a longer timespan of a beta, they're probably willing to report bugs and stuff.... plus it means you start getting some monetary compensation.

Just putting it out there.

P.S: I really wanna pre-order, so I have a bit of a motivation for this post. :3

I have thought about it, but I don't think the current demand would justify the effort putting it all together. That being said we'll see how open beta works and go from there.

While my funds are a very tight, money isn't much of an issue right now. I've shifted my entire life around to make sure that I can fund the game to completion. The extra cash would be great, but it won't hurry the game out any faster. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
hmmm gonna try open beta and if i like it enough ill preorder once its available cool wonder what crazy stuff can you do between years included in open beta XD
It all depends on what you define as crazy stuff Tongue ... But I am sure you will get a chance to do a bit..
(03-01-2013, 11:16 AM)MrX_ua Wrote: It all depends on what you define as crazy stuff Tongue ... But I am sure you will get a chance to do a bit..

Well you told me my Inline 10 cylinder roadsters were pretty silly... Silly is close enough to crazy isn't it?
(03-01-2013, 12:31 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 11:16 AM)MrX_ua Wrote: It all depends on what you define as crazy stuff Tongue ... But I am sure you will get a chance to do a bit..

Well you told me my Inline 10 cylinder roadsters were pretty silly... Silly is close enough to crazy isn't it?

Weren't there V16 cars? Smile
(03-01-2013, 08:02 PM)MrX_ua Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 12:31 PM)Eric.B Wrote:

Weren't there V16 cars? Smile

Of course, some of my favorite cars where v16s....

And then there is the Cadillac Sixteen! Rick Wagoner be damned GM should of put that car into production.
Well i think i will preorder anyway Tongue sounds good enough Wink
I look forward for this BETA, thanks Smile

Also, I ask, there are ways I can help to give you more visibility?

Have you thinked about Greenlight of Steam?
For me, it's an excellent way to get publicity!
Also if you are not chosen (but with a game like this finished and polished, it seems difficult) you get a tons of review of possible buyers.

Also, if you plan to raise money, think about use IndieGoGo that's better of kick-starter for small projects (at least, I thinked about it).

Keep going, thanks Smile