Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jakes Engine Layout Tool Thing
So, I was drinking the other night and decided to have some fun.

So, I fired up Excel...

Jokes aside, here is a tool thing for making engine layouts, you input the stats you want, compatible cylinders, induction, fuels, next of kin, length, width etc..

and you get a string of text that you can plonk into the components.xml and use.

Just don't edit the stuff in red, and edit the stuff in green... if anyone finds a use for this.

If you do find a use for this, then go for it.

WHAT IT DOSNT DO:
- Magically add it into the game.
- Automatically add in your custom stuff.
- Automatically edit your localization.

NOTE:
If I knew where/how to find out the formulas to calculate the in-game stats, then I *might* be able to make a simulator to compare two layouts of common settings.

Attached Files
.zip   Excel Required.zip (Size: 29.99 KB / Downloads: 621)
Great job! Something like that will be good for all another things in the game! (y)
I might be stupid but I don't get how to use it.

Is the file maybe wrong if used in a non-English Excel-Version?
Wouldnt think it would effect it.

But all it does is convert the data provided into a single text string (C35) that can be placed into the components.xml

If something like the type, name, description, picture is edited without having the appropriate new locals/picture then the game will crash.

I am tempted to do the same kinda thing for Fuel Types, Valves and Induction that would give a estimated list of stats for tuning purposes of additions (ie, Horsepower, Weight, Dimensions and matching to real world stats) but would take an awfully large amount of time to work out the formulas to get anything usefull out of it.