Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRW My Real World Mod
This is My Real World Mod.
It consists of over 1000 real world companies.
Please note that it is a work in progress and I will be updating it. Some thoughts:
The early years are tough - there is a lot of competition and it is hard to make money.
Because of the number of companies, turn times can take a while.
I have tested this on version 1.18.5.
If you have any problems, suggestions, or other feedback, please let me know!
Until then, enjoy!
You may want to cross post this on Steam, you'll get a lot more followers.

(That being said, I'm quite impressed! It even has my little known, favorite manufacturer, Vector! Smile It also works really well with the DYK system I just implemented... You now have time to read it! biggrin)

A quick glance at issues:
-mrw_austin and mrw_bufori are not n^2 resolution. This will crash some video card drivers.
-In the future we will allow you to use Marque's logos as badges in the vehicle designer. So if you ever get around to it, transparent backgrounds. Although this isn't a big issue. I'm sure most people will understand. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Difficulty on this is superb. Thank you sir Smile
Glad you like it. The first time I tested it, I went out of business on the easy difficulty.
I still have some work to do on it. My next task is to adjust the aggressiveness of the AI companies down to try to keep them all from going bankrupt.
After that, I want to change the build attributes for the AI.
I also need to redo the logos so that they have a transparent background. There are also some that are simply placeholder logos because I have not been able to find actual logos for them.
I also have information on about 1200 additional companies that did not make it into this mod - I might add them at a future date once the modding tools are finished.
Maybe Eric can say something to this:

None of the manufactures in his mods are getting into racing. Is this a bug from editing?
I'm not sure inside my code, but increasing the racing variables should increase a companies desire to race. (Not all the variables are currently being used, as I need/want to finish all the gameplay mechanics before finishing the AI... It's a lot of work to go back over and add more ways for it to think, specially after optimizing it...)

That being said profitability is also very important right now since racing does not generate revenues. If a company is not profitable it won't throw money in racing (yet.) As such I imagine in early game years, since there is so much competition, no one is profitable enough to start a racing team.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Thanks for the answer Eric. It's true - only a handful of companies are profitable. Sounds reasonable.
I'm working on reducing the aggressiveness of the companies to try to make them profitable. I'm about halfway done and will post an updated mod when it is finished.
While playing the update, the revised companies hover around $0 per share earnings until about 1910. After that, they start to become more profitable and more of them start racing. Prior to 1910ish there is not much racing even in the update.
Should point out, I do believe the backgrounds for the AI logos will be white. As they'll be used in a webbrowser (for reports) and the stock page stuff is going to have a whiteish page like background...

So black logo text with transparent background should be fine, white however will probably not work. Smile

And of course, as said above, they'll also be used on cars.
Just received a crash.

Cannot locate resource nmrw_dixie.dds in resource group General or any other group.

Renaming it in your AI_Start.xml didn't fix it, yet putting in a copy of the mrw_dixie.dds as nmrw_dixie.dds did.