Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.19 Progress Thread
I wrote a new backend for the sales book to fix the bugs which causes the sale book information to be incorrect. This new backend will act as a framework for the new sales/report system which will be implemented in v1.21.

Bugs in the sales book, such as missing vehicles, revenues being incorrect, or expenses being incorrect due to adjustments in branches, or factories should be fixed. The exception is marketing, which will be fixed in1.20 as I am going to adjust how the data is saved in the DB.

I also fixed a bug in the auto-production system that allowed for the use of unfinished factories.

- New salesbook backend.
- Fixed Sales Book incorrect figures bug.
- Fixed Auto-production bug which uses unfinished factories.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
-Tweaked Scroll Bar buttons movement values.
-Fixed a number of direct input factory production bugs in World Map and Mega Menu.
-Made direct input much more accurate. It should set sliders to exactly what you type in!
-Accessories are now assigned an Auto-mirror and Auto-paint values in the components.xml file. (This means you'll have to manually enable/disable auto-mirror for select components types.)
-OSX Hardware mouse finished. (Will start working on sound next Monday!)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
-Player company is on top of list in magazines
-Fixed old car save loading crash
-Production/Distribution lists should now reselect previous item after applying changes.
-Fixed bug in mega menu which allowed you to assign vehicle sales in districts which you have no branches.
-All brands comparison added to magazine
-Fixed bug in production/distribution filters which did not reset entering back into game state.

Currently working on a way to merge trims into one selection on the production and distribution screens.
-Merge Trims for Distribution screens. (Will not be implementing this for production screens)
-Implemented Filters for Districting Production and Distribution.
-Implemented Sort by for RnD view
-Fixed Possible crash returning to office from world map.
-Fixed bug in chassis modification that didn't update old stats when selecting a different chassis
Bit of busy work last few days. I changed the order which some lists results are displayed. Hopefully making it easier to find your vehicles. I also went through and added key commands for some buttons in the game. For example if you get a popup with only an OK button. Hitting Enter will "click" the OK button. Currently this is only implemented for windows with 1 button or windows with a select or open button. I will probably add images to these buttons to tell you which can be "Entered"

Mac Monday resulted in sound being implemented. I have a little bit of code to clean up for hardware mouse, but from the looks of it, the bare minimum needed for OSX release is finished! Mac port will be out for 1.19.

I have 2-3 minor tickets left, and one wordy ticket (help buttons for world map) remaining for 1.18.7, which means it'll probably be released the beginning of next week. I'll need to do extensive play testing for this build. So I'll make an announcement when I've got the date set.

-Adjusted some default sorting of lists.
-Enter key will "click" OK, or Select or any single button on a window.
-Sound implemented in OSX
I've spent the last few days on help buttons for the world map. I may not get them done in time for 1.18.7 as I still have to set up the Linux build and play test the release. Most help buttons are done however.

Here is some other stuff I've- taken care of since the last post:
-Successful defect coverups will result in a memo
-District Factory Production window now warns if any cities are at war.
-Did You Know messages can be brought up when you enter the office (enable the check box at the end turn window in the office.)
-Same did you know will stay open if you simulate multiple turns.
-Adjusted Branch Distribution 'Unit Manufacturing Costs' and 'Corporate and Unit Cost per Unit' prices. They no longer include break even on reserved vehicles.
-Fixed crash when setting district locks when the drop down boxes are empty.
Building the 1.18.7 release build right now. I've done some minor clean up and bug fixes all over the place. Didn't keep track of what however since it was minor. Of note I fixed a few broken libs in the Linux build. (My fault.) So it should be working better now.

-Fixed some crash issues in Linux build. (Some libs were not properly updated)
Released 1.18.7 on Tuesday to Testing Build.

Mac Monday was pushed over to Tuesday. I was able to get full screen to work properly on OS X! We'll be making yet another OpenBeta for this and test it on Steam Monday!

We've also finished the World Map help buttons. Fixed a bug when designing an engine whose's name is already in use, and fixed bug with engine contract assignment GUI for factories on the world map.

Currently I'm working on fixing or at least improving the slider lag when designing components in RnD.

-Fullscreen OSX
-World Map Help Buttons
-Fixed Component Name Duplication Bugs
-Fixed engine contracting panel overlaps on world map
It's been almost a week since I've updated this thread. Mainly because I was hoping to announce that the OS X port had been uploaded to Steam for testing. However, between my super fast "high speed" internet with 1mb upload speeds, and Steam's really crappy upload system. I've only been able to upload about half the game in 4 days... Seriously... Wish steam would implement some sort of FTP, but I digress.

So what have we done since then?
-500-1000% speed improvement on RnD sliders (no more lag when moving the sliders around)
-New Contract Assignment window in World Map and Mega Menu. (It will list all contracts you have, clicking on a contract will show you which factories are producing the vehicles or which factory is producing the engine. In the case of engine's you are able to assign the unassigned contract or remove it from the assigned factory.)
-Modified Component Refit System. (After modifying a component, you will be given a list of vehicles using the old revision of that component. This new system will allow you to automatically create a new model year or trim and replace production, distribution, and marketing as soon as this new model is ready.

With any luck steam will cooperate with me over the next few days, we'll have the OS X port uploaded onto steam for testing. Sad
Did quite a bit of things on Friday. We're down to 19 tickets remaining for 1.19! My goal is to get some sort of Release Candidate out around December 15. With a launch of 1.19, new media on the store page, and officially selling the Mac port sometime after that. Speaking of the Mac Port, 300mb remaining on the upload... *Grumbles about steam pipe and at&t monopoly*

-Fixed Game Over text offset bug
-Remember last paint in Stand Alone Car Designer
-Hovering over stars when designing a component or vehicle in RnD will now show the rating in a popup. (Only works on developing the components in advanced or assisted designer, it does not show number ratings for sub-components or anything in view components/vehicle)
-Fixed "Advanced" image in RnD (Grammarians rejoice! Smile )
-Fixed Textbox height clipping in some places.
-Added a return to Main Menu button in the side panel of Stand Alone Car Designer.
-Added Message about canceling in title bar of "OK" windows.
-Targeted Demographics added to view vehicle panels.
-Added Help buttons to the Refit and new contracting windows in RnD and World Map respectively.

(I did something else, but I didn't close the ticket, I renamed it, and of course stupid ticketing system didn't keep track of which ticket it was... So Bah! Yea, some other stuff was fixed as well!)