Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.19 Progress Thread
Did some minor tweaks to the office GUI. I didn't want to do too much to it, since I plan on rewriting major chunks of the sales book, memos, and newspaper system in 1.21...

-Office GUI Tweaks, Removed Tips, Enlarged Buttons, Removed horizontal scroll from lists that don't need it. Added up and down buttons to End Turn amounts. Sales book and other "titlebar-less" windows are now moveable.
-Disabled Windows window resizing by dragging or hitting maximize button.
-Implemented tab support for textboxes.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
-Standardized upper panel buttons for all "States"
-Implemented Racing Filters so you can easily find series.
-Vehicle and Engine selection in Racing now shows detailed information about selected item.
-GUI Tweaks for Racing "State" of the game.

Current goal is to have 1.18.6 out by Next Friday (10/16) Although some tickets may be pushed back to 1.18.7 for this to occur.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I've recently took up the task of updating all our third party libs in the windows build. This was a huge undertaking which took up nearly 3 days of work. This should improve stability, especially in Windows 10, although we're still in the "Testing" phase for this. I will do the same to the Linux build in 1.18.7.

Mac Monday went off rather well, I fixed a few lib linking issues on older OS X's. I believe the game might work on OS X 10.7 now. I will be building another Open Beta next Monday to make sure.

I had hoped to get the bumpers working tonight, however I am unable to do it due to lack of files and inability to do it in the text editor. So I have sent the task back to our artist. Hopefully he'll get the files done in time for Friday's patch.

So instead I continue on with 1.18.6 tasks, right now I'm working on improving RnD's load time.

-Borderless window option.
-Disabled close button in windows
-Updated Ogre3d, Freetype, Freeimage, zzip, zlib
-IPO confirmation message.
-RnD loading times reduced (40% in debug mode on my dev box, your mileage may vary.)
-Fixed material ID's on bumpers so they're paintable.

Will work on a few other paint related issues tomorrow (1.18.7 will also have some paint fixes.) Then I have to get everything packaged up for release.
Finished the remaining tickets for 1.18.6, currently compiling the Linux build (which is still using older libs, but will updated in 1.18.7) I will play test 1.18.6 tonight with the hopes of doing an optimized compile while I sleep and a Friday (tomorrow) release. I do have to write some more DYK as I accidentally overwrote about 1-2 hours worth a few days ago. :'( I'll take care of those this afternoon however.

No save game changes for this build. Smile

-Fixed failure to load saved cars when using a different language.
-Fixed new model default leather and metal material.
-Fixed showroom paint loading
-Fixed repeat new technology memo
-Fixed saved cars materials, made it work with multiple materials.
Testing build has been updated to 1.18.6! These little features have snuck in at the last minute:
-Vehicle Type lists in RnD are in alphabetical order.
-Can stop multiple sim turns by holding down space bar.
Mac Monday became Mac Saturday this week as I waited for input on 1.18.6. I was able to build a newer demo for OSX. If you have a Mac running OS X 10.11, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, or 10.6 I would greatly appreciate it if you tried the demo and let me know if it works (or doesn't.) You can find the OS X demo here: http://www.gearcity.info/download.php?f=...1.18.6.dmg

Between now and yesterday I implemented approximately half of the Hotkeys, including all Global Hotkeys and Local Hotkeys for the Office. Currently all Hotkeys are static. Meaning they can not be changed. I may leave them this way as there is a lot of them.

Global Hotkeys occupy F1-F10, ESC, and END. These keys are the same for every "state" of the game. So for instance hitting F1 anywhere in the game will take you to the Office. Hitting F2 anywhere will take you to the RnD. And so forth. We also include commonly used functions, such as Save (F7), Save As (F8), a List of Hotkeys (F9), and a way to open the Quick Game Menu (F10)

Escape was already implemented in 1.18.6. This key will allow you to close opened windows and bring up the Game Menu if no windows are open.

Finally the END key can be used to simulate 1 game turn anywhere in the game without the need to return to the Office.

Local Hotkeys allow you to open specific objects or menus inside a "state." These keys are used by holding down CTRL or ALT and using the numbers 0-9 (not including keypad numbers.) Currently the Office is the only state of the game that has these. I will implement more sometime in the next few days.

Some example of these are CTRL-1 = Mega Menu, CTRL-2 = Auto Commands, ALT-1 Sales book, ALT-5 = Sales Book Charts, etc. In all there are 19 Local Hotkeys for the Office.
Local hotkeys are now finished for everything but the fiscal state (because it's getting a rewrite in 1.20) and the showroom state (because there isn't really much in the showroom state...)

I did some more clean up of little GUI bugs and issues.

And then I started working on window resizing code.

You are now able to resize some windows in the game, save the sizes, and anytime you go back into that area it will remember your saved window size!

If you reduce the resolution or when there is a version update, these settings will be reset. Which is a little annoying but I believe after early access there won't be as frequent of updates.

Currently window resizing works in the Main Menu. It'll take me the next two or three days to finish all the work needed for this. Once resizing is complete, the two main features for 1.18.7 will be finished, the rest should go easily, and hopefully we'll be back to more gameplay features (parts revenues, warranties, recall adjustments!!! biggrin ) by next week!

-Hotkeys
-Standalone Car Designer updated GUI.
There has been continued work on the resizing of windows. Currently you can resize most of the windows in the Office. (Sales book, HR, Newspaper, and Magazine are currently excluded due to the backgrounds. These will change in 1.21.) I've also progressed about 1/3rd of the way through the World Map resizes.

I've added an additional 6 "Did you know?"s

Fixed a number of bugs that popped up while working on the resize, included a crash fix when hitting escape on contracting window. As well a number of "GUI" improvements (which typically means bigger buttons, more visible stars, etc.)

Progress on the resize code is going slightly slower than expected. But not enough to cause any major set backs. (I typically keep some buffer days just incase of a little slow down such as this.) Hopefully I can finish them all up by the middle of the week so I can clear out this bug list for 1.18.7!!! Smile
On Mac-Monday I did a play through to see if I can duplicate some bugs that have been reported to me, but was unable to catch any of them. I also updated the Mac Port to the latest internal build, streamlined my library generation process and began to rewrite OIS's hardware mouse implementation. Hopefully I can knock that out next Monday so I can get sound working soon!

On the Core game side of things, I have finished setting up all the GUI that needs resizing to be resizable. You can now resize pretty much all leather windows with large amounts of text or lists. (So slider windows are not resizeable, as there is no point) or resize windows with sheets of paper. In software mouse mode, the mouse will change when you pass an edge that is resizeable. In hardware mouse mode this is currently not an option, but I will look into some Windows/X11 API calls to do this. Hopefully it'll be possible without MAJOR chainsawing or hackish bugs to the code.

I've also cleaned up a couple of bugs in the GUI. Fixed some issues in our GUI lib. Hid the End Turn mouse, made the Did You Know panel scale up to your resolution, and wrote a few more Did You Knows...

Lastly I took care of some paperwork this evening and unticketed items. I still have more of this to do, but it can wait.

Starting tomorrow I'll get back to bug hunting. We've got 24 tickets remaining for 1.18.7 and 23 tickets remaining for 1.19... I should be able to knock a good number of them out quickly! Smile

-Resizeable Windows
-Save Resized GUI
-Load Resized GUI
-Expanded DYK Panel