Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Ideas
Well I know the hardware quite well, I am a failed computer engineer major after all! Tongue I don't know the specifics of developing on their software stacks. And to be honest they don't appeal to me.

I did in the past know a man who did cellphone games and there was talk about porting the car designer part of GC over to it. With a little work our engine would support OpenGLES.

As for the full versions of AM or GC, it is doubtful. ARM still has a while to go before they reach a single thread performance level that can handle full build of GC. Since AM will be crunching more data, and using more resources, it is very doubtful I can scale it down to mobile. Maybe on the high end devices, but then I run into the issues of moving to a prebuilt engine. I don't believe C4 or Unreal support mobile platforms.

The two smaller games I'm thinking about doing after GC could possibly work on mobile. If they're successful enough I will probably consider outsourcing the ports.

That being said, I just recently bought an x86 Windows Tablet because I'll be going on a trip here soon and don't want to buy a laptop until AMD Carrizo is released... Anyhoo It can run GearCity Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
My Ideas - by Technotron3 - 03-27-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: My Ideas - by Eric.B - 03-28-2015, 08:48 AM
RE: My Ideas - by shadow - 03-31-2015, 03:40 PM
RE: My Ideas - by Eric.B - 03-31-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: My Ideas - by Frankschtaldt - 03-31-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: My Ideas - by Eric.B - 04-01-2015, 01:33 AM
RE: My Ideas - by shadow - 04-01-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: My Ideas - by Eric.B - 04-02-2015, 01:26 AM