Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rename Components
Hello!

Would it be possible to introduce an option to rename the components in the future? Would be nice!

Thank you!
(01-05-2015, 05:01 PM)kallesito Wrote: Hello!

Would it be possible to introduce an option to rename the components in the future? Would be nice!

Thank you!

I have been considering it, it will probably make its way into 1.18, along with a revised naming system. (Less Grandma Pants and what have you... Smile )
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Hello,

has this feature made it into the current version? If it's there i'm not able to figure out, how i can rename my components.
Especially while modifying components still in research, i often use the suggestions of a minor/significant/major modification to get way better overall stats for only minimal additional bucks (material cost +/-5).
My components mostly have some of their primary technical details in their name. Those details do not match anymore after i modify a component using the modification window. So it would be great to rename them while the modification takes place. Alternatively, it would help a lot, if instead of executing the modofication by clicking on Modify or Redisign, you will be taken into the advanced designer using the settings provided by your enginers for minor/significant/major modification. So you're able to use those settings to design a new version of the component and give it a new name, afterwards deleting the previous one still in development manually.
(10-14-2017, 04:13 PM)ExZtEd Wrote: Hello,

has this feature made it into the current version? If it's there i'm not able to figure out, how i can rename my components.

It was pushed back a couple of times due to other features superseding it in importance. Currently it's set for v1.25. It won't be pushed back any further than that.

I'm hoping in a couple of months to make my entire issue tracker public so folks can see where the tickets are and what version they're subscribed to.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski