Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.18 Progress
(04-30-2015, 08:05 AM)Eric.B Wrote: So the weekend I wasn't able to do much work, but I have been back in full action since Monday night.

I have rewritten the tutorial frameworks, and have made a framework for the help buttons.

I've revised the tutorial system, it now much shorter, but also has much less information. This was a major complaint of the old tutorial (It was too long and had too much information.) I've also changed how it works. It is no longer linear. Instead it pops up after you click the next object you need to.

I've also added 30 new vehicles bodies to the game. I still have 4 or 5 more to fix.

Testing build will get updated sometime in the next 6 hours. I'm going to spend the next few hours fixing up any bugs I can before I get it ready for testing release.

For 1.18 full release I still have front bumpers to add, some bugs to fix, and I have to finish the help buttons (only about 20% finished there.)

So will the information in the help buttons be there for the full 1.18 release, or is it not going to be written until 1.19?
(05-02-2015, 09:29 AM)cobrryse Wrote: So will the information in the help buttons be there for the full 1.18 release, or is it not going to be written until 1.19?

They should be in the full 1.18 release. I'm about halfway done with them.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Fantastic! Thank you very much.
Been a while since I updated this.

Testing branch of 1.18 seems to have gone well. Only one or two major bugs reported and they have been fixed and hotfixed to testing.

I reticked some tickets. I have roughly 20 minor bugs fixes which I will start working on tomorrow and I"ll hotfix them into 1.18

I've spent the last few days writing 500 something help button text. Some of these are repeats and some will need rewritten, but the basic outline is finished. It was a time consuming painful process. I really hate writing.

I have a few other bits of text to deal with and then we'll be ready for 1.18 release to default branch! Smile Then onward toward some bug fixes, hotpatch, then 1.19 features!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Do you prefer to get feedback on the textboxes, or should that wait until you've done the rewrites you mentioned?
(05-06-2015, 04:29 AM)Tridon Wrote: Do you prefer to get feedback on the textboxes, or should that wait until you've done the rewrites you mentioned?

I don't mind feedback on this since it's part of the "tutorial" system.

I do know some of the content really needs to be fixed. Specially the sliders help boxes as they're ripped off from the old hover over messages. Which were poorly done.
1.18 has been released to default. Moving to a new thread! Smile