Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.18 Progress
Had a very quick play this morning and initial thoughts are that the new R&D UI is much better. Will spend some time on it tonight and give better feedback.
I can confirm that I think the new UI is brilliant.
Who's been complaining about it and what's their issue?
New gui is fantastic. Best release to date i think!
user interface on designer is much simpler,

only one problem ,
mouse not working correctly on car designer sliders.
have tried changing sensitivity setting and hardware mouse , but still having same
problem.

As i said other than that am very impressed with it !
Hotfix coming up after a clean compile and a play test.

This fix includes:
-Fixed Duplicate vehicle list bug
-Fixed Car Designer window popup bug
-Fixed Shipping distance calculation bug
-Fixed Car Designer slider issue.
-Optimized component/vehicle ratings and specs estimation.
-2 or 3 other minor issues.

Going to fight google translation toolkit while the game compiles!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(04-01-2015, 02:58 PM)shadow Wrote: New gui is fantastic. Best release to date i think!
user interface on designer is much simpler,

only one problem ,
mouse not working correctly on car designer sliders.
have tried changing sensitivity setting and hardware mouse , but still having same
problem.

As i said other than that am very impressed with it !

Wait for the hotfix coming up in a few hours. Should fix the issue.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Cool , thanks.
as i said really impressed ?
Hotfix was released. Let me know if you guys have any issues with it.
Ok , having played GC for a few hours i can't seem to work the new system.
have gone bankrupt in 4 different games. 2 of them on easy.
can never seem to sell many cars.
2. New rating system is difficult.
3.can not see what fuel milage and performance raitings are as easily as before.
4.can not meet most contracts like you could before.
5.while adding components to desing of engine they keep changing what cars the components are
suitable for.
6.when i built a mid size sedan in came out as a tourer and wouldn't sell.
(04-03-2015, 09:39 AM)shadow Wrote: Ok , having played GC for a few hours i can't seem to work the new system.
have gone bankrupt in 4 different games. 2 of them on easy.
can never seem to sell many cars.
2. New rating system is difficult.
3.can not see what fuel milage and performance raitings are as easily as before.
4.can not meet most contracts like you could before.
5.while adding components to desing of engine they keep changing what cars the components are
suitable for.
6.when i built a mid size sedan in came out as a tourer and wouldn't sell.

1) Well not much of the system has changed since 1.17.5, two of the ratings are easier to get higher, and the vehicles are a tad bit cheaper.

Yes the game is harder than 1.17, but I am still able to run companies fairly easily in most of the world on hard. So you just need to get a little better! Smile

2) How so?

3) Where are you looking for these ratings at? In the designers it is much more easy to see these ratings. In the selection windows, you are correct, it is harder to see. This is because they're not finished. Read my to-do posts above about what I am working on next.

4) Nothing has changed in the contracting code since 1.17.5. Almost all contracts are do-able in early game years.

5) Each Subcomponent selects a limited number of vehicles it would be good with.I will probably adjust this in the future.

6) Are you sure you didn't accidentally click an item in the list before hitting ok? The game has no way of automatically changing your selections. Not even the assisted designer can select vehicle types.
I had just come off a 12 hour night shift , so quite probably it is me. Lol.
i will have more game time tomorrow and will actually be able to see screen properly.lol
guess the main point is dont play when you're waiting for wife to get out of bed so you can sleep.lol