Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.18 Progress
Sweet, can't wait. Been planning a play through in my head for days!
How much difference will there be between 1.17.8 and 1.18? Will saves work between versions do you think?
(03-22-2015, 09:08 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Sweet, can't wait. Been planning a play through in my head for days!
How much difference will there be between 1.17.8 and 1.18? Will saves work between versions do you think?

Rewrite of the licensing code, new gui for view components/vehicles, new gui for researching. Bunch of little changes to vehicle designer. Tweaks to demographics, some other stats, etc.

So a bit of stuff. Yes save games will break.

(My milestones I try to keep by percentage, so we're literally almost at 80% finished. Not including all the unticked bugs that have been submitted lately.)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Completed the Assisted Automobile designer. Also cleaned up and fixed a number of bugs in the new system. You may now select which components you use when designing an vehicle!

I also made placeholder images for sub-components that are missing artwork... The entire artwork for this section is slated to be redone in any event.

I'll be now moving on to fixing a few issues we're having with summary sliders. And the new switch to/use advance/assisted slider feature.

After that I'll look into a few crashing bugs and other bugs that have been brought to my attention. Hopeful I clean up a few bugs before the 1.17.8 release! Smile

-Redesigned Assisted Vehicle Designer
-Override Chassis/Engine/Gearbox selection in Assisted Designer
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Hi Eric.

This is my first post here and i must say that this game looks amazing. But i'm wondering when it will be possible to play it on Mac?

// Viktor
(03-26-2015, 05:03 AM)Viktor Wrote: Hi Eric.

This is my first post here and i must say that this game looks amazing. But i'm wondering when it will be possible to play it on Mac?

// Viktor

I'm currently about 25% finished with the mac port. It was slated to be done for 1.18, however 1.18 has been taking SOOO much time to finish that I have pushed the port back to 1.19.

So in short, yes. You will be able to play on a Mac, but probably not for another 2 months or so.
Hello everyone,

Play tests of 1.17.8 have been going pretty well so far. I cleaned up a few little bugs, I'll be doing a few more.

Of note here is 1.17.5 bug I have fixed recently:
-Fixed Crash when returning to main menu
-Fixed possible divison by zero crash in stockmarket (Did not test if it resovles the issue.)
-Fixed Units sold achievement Memo.
-Fixed Memory leak with list boxes. ( Thanks to UniNamer and jcraigpdx)

I'll continue play testing to make sure things are working smoothly and I'll also continue knocking out your submitted bugs. I think I'm going to spend the next week or so on pure bug fixes until getting back to 1.18 features.
Alright, knocked out a few bugs today. I should be able to take out a few more and get some play testing done tomorrow!

-Fixed Unicode file name crash. (Not tested for all languages! So let me know if you still have a problem!)
-Fixed Marketing bug using "Replace Model" autotool.
-Fixed two factory naming bugs.
-Fixed new trim estimated completion year date. Please note that the actual "built year" date for a trim is still the same as the base model.
-Player news now shows up in Manufacturer's news in the magazine.
-Combined new body style memos into one.
-Open all windows in advance designer with one button.
1.17.8 has been released out in the wild. Windows and Linux users must be on "Testing Build" for your game to update. For instructions on how to switch builds see: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2594

I'll probably take the rest of the day off and get back to work tonight! Smile
Woot! The missus is going out to a friends tonight so I'm going to nerd!
(03-31-2015, 02:48 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Woot! The missus is going out to a friends tonight so I'm going to nerd!

Lemme know your thoughts. Initial feedback shows pre-steam users hate the new gui, post-steam users love the new gui. And the sliders are slow for people not using Hardware mouse. (Not sure for people using hardware mouse, HW mouse works fine for me (except for Assisted Engine Design sliders...))