Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Feature #5 and #6: Accessories and Seasonal Lighting
We've got a double feature this week due to last week's harddrive failure. So let's start!

Feature Feature #5: Accessories

So the last Feature Feature we showed a really quick basic overview of the body morph system. This week we'll look at how to add accessories and tires.

[Image: ff5_1t.jpg]
This is my lovely Town Car. I've morphed the body exactly how I want it. Let's add some tires. I clicked on the "Tires and Body Parts" button on the left.

[Image: ff5_2t.jpg]
Now I go over to the "Accessory Selection" combobox. This gives me the different accessories/bodyparts that I can choose from. As of right now there are very few parts, we'll add more closer to retail release. I'm going to select tires.

[Image: ff5_3t.jpg]
After selecting tires I am now given a bunch of icons. There is only one icon to select because the year is 1901. To use that part I must click and drag it onto the vehicle. As such.

[Image: ff5_4t.jpg]
After letting go of the mouse button I'm presented with the Morphs for that part.

[Image: ff5_5t.jpg]
Just like the bodies, moving the slider will change the shape of the part. I'm increasing the entire tire's diameter.

[Image: ff5_6t.jpg]
Clicking on the mirror button will duplicate your part on the opposite side of the car. The new part is now a child of the original. Any morphs or movements will effect both parts.

[Image: ff5_7t.jpg]
Clicking the clone button will clone the part. This creates a new part that is not attached to the original.

[Image: ff5_8t.jpg]
Clicking finished will take me back to the Accessories panel, I can then change the accessory type and add more!

[Image: ff5_9t.jpg]
After adding a mirror I wanted to rotate it. That is what the panel with the arrows are for on the right. Clicking on the up arrow rotates the mirror up. Clicking flip would cause the flip completely around to the other side of the car.

[Image: ff5_10t.jpg]
And so there you have it. A quick overview of the Accessories/Parts/Tires system. As we get closer to retail release the selections will fill up some what. Wink

Now it's time for the next Feature Feature.

Feature Feature #6: Seasonal Lighting

If you've ever played Detroit, Old Timer, or almost every other management game, you'll notice they all have one thing in common: The office never changes!

This is one thing that has always drove me nuts. Look at your desk. Now think about how your desk looked 5 years ago. Do they look the same? No, probably not! So why should it in the game? In GearCity we're going to fix that. No more static desk!

One of the things we use in GearCity to fix my static desk syndrome is lighting. Did you know it gets darker earlier in Winter than in Summer? So if my office has windows why can't I tell this inside the game? Trick question you can!

Major kudos to MrX_ua for this idea! Smile

So there you have it! Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Whatever post them here: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=246
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski