Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contracting help
So started a new game. and wanted to try and focus on contracting and selling parts to other car manufacturers

the first problem i got is cargo space needed for the pickup trucks the army wants. its way to high

i can max out the lenght and width of a chassie. do the same with the body designer and cargo design, but still i am not near the minimum space needed.

cargo space should not be hard to make, just make stuff big enough.

this is in the 1900 start with the 2 first pickup truck bodies. but still even with low design skill and early body styles, cargo space should be kinda easy to design, at the cost of weight and all that stuff of course, or maybe the problem is the contract system is not balanced for those early games? i noticed you changed the cargo needed in 1.6.4 but way to much, atleast for early games, i could not even reach half of what i needed

second problem is with 2 ship engines i was building for france and usa. i made 2 engines acording to the specs needed, and both of the designs were not good enough for some reason, i could not submit them. i made a third super engine for the states to test and that one passed, maybe i am stupid and missed something, i dunno.

anyway and easy fix ( i think ) is the ability to cancel a design after starting it,

you can submit a design before its done, so if i could make something, check if it will pass, if not scrap it and try again with no costs, you cant do this already right??

i have attached my savegame that has the problems above.

Attached Files
.rar   testing room.rar (Size: 206.28 KB / Downloads: 489)
Contracting does seem to be over difficult at moment.
i find easier to wait till at least 1950 until even bothering to be honest.
most engines and vehicles until then dont seem to conform to contract requirements.
even if you manage to get one to the specifications they still tell you none of your vehicles /ENGINES
are right.
(11-28-2014, 03:52 AM)Gdkiv Wrote: So started a new game. and wanted to try and focus on contracting and selling parts to other car manufacturers

the first problem i got is cargo space needed for the pickup trucks the army wants. its way to high
Actually the contracts are spot on, in your game they want 70cu ft, in real life a moving van is 76cu ft.

Problem is the car designer needs a boost.

Quote:second problem is with 2 ship engines i was building for france and usa. i made 2 engines acording to the specs needed, and both of the designs were not good enough for some reason, i could not submit them. i made a third super engine for the states to test and that one passed, maybe i am stupid and missed something, i dunno.

All of your engines except for "Record" do not have enough horsepower. Your two 9L engines have 180hp the contract requires a minimum of 285hp.

Quote:anyway and easy fix ( i think ) is the ability to cancel a design after starting it,
you can submit a design before its done, so if i could make something, check if it will pass, if not scrap it and try again with no costs, you cant do this already right??

You can view the contract requirements when designing components. It's in the contract button at the very top of RnD. Check to make sure you meet all the request before hitting build.

Cancelling designs is coming in 1.18. However for this situation, you just need to be more aware of what they want.

Quote:Contracting does seem to be over difficult at moment.
i find easier to wait till at least 1950 until even bothering to be honest.
most engines and vehicles until then dont seem to conform to contract requirements.
even if you manage to get one to the specifications they still tell you none of your vehicles /ENGINES
are right.
Are you talking about 1.16.4? Because engines contracts in 1.16.4 are specific for application and year. I don't see how 40hp 400lbs biplane engines in 1914 are "difficult" to make...

And if you're getting "None", then obviously you're missing something. Double check your stuff in RnD, you can open both the view panel and the contract request panels at the same time.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
You're right.
just played new update and everything fits together.
think it is just me being stupid again when i can't get right engines.
tried again today and got it right first time.!
I'll have a hotpatch for your #1 issue Gdkiv, in a couple of days (probably Saturday.)
I want to add a few more bugfixes and things that don't require save game changes to the hotpatch before pushing it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I really cant see why the engines would not work. yes the record is for the french naval contract that wants 285 hp . but i cant submit it for the contract. and i cant see why. maybe
the -25 reliability?

and the 2 9 liters are for a different naval contract that needs 180 hp. but only the Donna engine can be submited. again the 9.8 liter have -45 in reliability, but the donna have +85 or something. hehe trying to cut costs you know ;P

so making a pickup truck for contracts right now is almost impossible?
(11-28-2014, 11:36 AM)Gdkiv Wrote: I really cant see why the engines would not work. yes the record is for the french naval contract that wants 285 hp . but i cant submit it for the contract. and i cant see why. maybe
the -25 reliability?

and the 2 9 liters are for a different naval contract that needs 180 hp. but only the Donna engine can be submited. again the 9.8 liter have -45 in reliability, but the donna have +85 or something. hehe trying to cut costs you know ;P
Upon further inspection, I'm not sure how you got negative reliability. The minimum should be 0. So I will look into this more deeply to see what's wrong.

Quote:so making a pickup truck for contracts right now is almost impossible?
Probably, until Saturday. It's already fixed on my end.
Quote:so making a pickup truck for contracts right now is almost impossible?
Probably, until Saturday. It's already fixed on my end.
[/quote]

Nice to see all these regular updates, i does not look like your slowing down much Wink,

i also made a engine similar to the negative 25 one, but gave it a bump in reliability, still did not pass, so it can be me who is blind and is overlooking or misreading something or there is some sort of bug somewhere,
Both of you issues should be fixed, look to have them sometime late tomorrow.