Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for racing team ???
I always build my cars with less weight and the most power possible but I'm still at the bottom of the competition. Am I doing something wrong ?
How is your budget? What settings do you have your teams set on?
There are quite a few factors that come into play. If you upload your save game, I can take a look and give you pointers. (Save games are located in the GearCity/SaveGames files, to upload on the forums you will have to zip the game and then attach it to a post.)

Here is some of the code for racing results:
So if you can read that, power to weight ratio, funding, acceleration, and team settings are the most important things. Also be sure your stuff is better than the competition.

Code:
for(Ogre::list<GameData::racingTeams>::type::iterator itB =seriesTeamsList.begin(); itB != seriesTeamsList.end(); ++itB)
                                {
                                    fundingTeam = (static_cast<Ogre::Real>((*itB).Funding)/static_cast<Ogre::Real>(maxBudget));
                                    (*itB).value =(230.0+RandomNumber->randInt(20)) * (fundingTeam-(static_cast<Ogre::Real>((*itB).driverQual*2 + (*itB).teamQual + (*itB).teamGrowFocus + (*itB).teamSizeFocus*2)/5.75));

if((*it).manuSupply == 1)
                                    {
                                        (*itB).value = (*itB).value + ((375+RandomNumber->randInt(25)) * (((static_cast<Ogre::Real>((*itB).Car_Spec_HP)/(*itB).Car_Spec_Weight)*7 + ((25-(*itB).Car_Spec_AccellerationSix)/25.0)*3 + (static_cast<Ogre::Real>((*itB).Car_Rating_Drivability) / 100.0)*2 +  (static_cast<Ogre::Real>((*itB).Car_Rating_Performance) / 100.0) + (static_cast<Ogre::Real>((*itB).Car_Spec_TopSpeed)/250.0 ) / 14.0)));
                                    }
                                    else if((*it).manuSupply == 2)
                                    {
                                        //(*itB).value = (*itB).value + (*itB).eng_fuelmilage + (*itB).eng_hp + (500-(*itB).eng_weight)+ RandomNumber->randInt(250);
                                        (*itB).value = (*itB).value + ((230+RandomNumber->randInt(20)) * (((static_cast<Ogre::Real>((*itB).eng_hp) / static_cast<Ogre::Real>((*itB).eng_weight))*10 + (static_cast<Ogre::Real>((*itB).eng_depends) / 100)*2 + (static_cast<Ogre::Real>((*itB).eng_fuelmilage)/300.0))/12.0));
                                    }
                                    else
                                    {
                                        (*itB).value = (*itB).value + RandomNumber->randInt(50) + RandomNumber->randInt(150)  * ((*itB).teamGrowFocus - (*itB).teamSizeFocus) +  RandomNumber->randInt(50) * (fundingTeam*2-(*itB).driverQual + (*itB).teamQual);
                                    }

(*itB).value = (*itB).value + RandomNumber->randInt(125);
                                    (*itB).value = (*itB).value + ((200+RandomNumber->randInt(75)) * (((*itB).driverQual*2.5 + (*itB).teamQual + (*itB).teamGrowFocus + (*itB).teamSizeFocus*1.5)/7.0) * (fundingTeam/1.5));

(*itB).value = (*itB).value +(200 * (*itB).teamXP) + (15 * (*itB).teamSize) + (50*(*itB).winFocus);

}
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Thanks for your explanation. I managed to win some races with my cars.

By the way, can a company dedicate to racing only ? I mean, will I be able to have sponsors and winning money from the Series that I win. Also, where can I find the trophies that I won ?

Keep up the good work Wink
(11-02-2014, 01:00 PM)J-Art Wrote: Thanks for your explanation. I managed to win some races with my cars.

By the way, can a company dedicate to racing only ? I mean, will I be able to have sponsors and winning money from the Series that I win. Also, where can I find the trophies that I won ?

Keep up the good work Wink

Not really. As of right now you do not receive money from your racing teams. You can however subcontract out your components you create for your teams, and use those funds to race with.

I'm not sure how well that will work, because racing is expensive.

That being said, I believe for most manufacturers racing is a netloss for them. The exception are the niche manufacturers who specifically focus on racing. We haven't started simulations of these types of companies yet. (And probably won't for a while)

The trophies are not included in the game yet, still waiting on artwork for them and the racing series logos. In the meantime you can see the historical results in the racing menu.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski