Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question
I'm not sure where to put this, sorry if I screwed up.
I'm curious as to what the games has to offer in styling for the late 40s and 50s one of my main questions is if you have any 50s style Cadillac like or Lincion like bodies, you know big long converitables, tail fins, and chrome. :cool:
[Image: 640px-Cadillac_Eldorado_SeVille_1958.JPG]
[Image: Cadillac_at_car_show.jpg]
And don't worry all photos are public domain if that's a concern.
I did pay for some 50s styled boats like the Bel Air, fish fins and all. But as of right now those models are not in the game due to some issues. (Wheel wells are really bad on them if I'm not mistaken.)

We do have some (2-3) large touring cars. Reminiscent of the early 60s Caddies. I've attached a screen shot of one of them I made a few minutes ago (Probably should of left the rocket taillights off the back, they look horrible on this car!) Most of the 50s sedans currently in the game look a bit European... Although the 60s ones have the boatish appeal to them.

Fish fins and chrome stuff are lacking in the game right now. Eventually we'll be adding a bunch of this stuff. But it's not a high priority. (Managing artists takes a lot of time. It's like herding cats!) We do have the 50s style round lights and the old rocket tail lights in the game though.

I suspect the modding community will add a whole bunch of stuff. As it's pretty easy to make cars and accessories. So whatever we don't make, i'm sure the community will take up the slack. That's no excuse for us however. I do plan on adding more cars and a hell of a lot more accessories to the game over time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Quote:I did pay for some 50s styled boats like the Bel Air, fish fins and all. But as of right now those models are not in the game due to some issues. (Wheel wells are really bad on them if I'm not mistaken.)

We do have some (2-3) large touring cars. Reminiscent of the early 60s Caddies. I've attached a screen shot of one of them I made a few minutes ago (Probably should of left the rocket taillights off the back, they look horrible on this car!) Most of the 50s sedans currently in the game look a bit European... Although the 60s ones have the boatish appeal to them.

Fish fins and chrome stuff are lacking in the game right now. Eventually we'll be adding a bunch of this stuff. But it's not a high priority. (Managing artists takes a lot of time. It's like herding cats!) We do have the 50s style round lights and the old rocket tail lights in the game though.

I suspect the modding community will add a whole bunch of stuff. As it's pretty easy to make cars and accessories. So whatever we don't make, i'm sure the community will take up the slack. That's no excuse for us however. I do plan on adding more cars and a hell of a lot more accessories to the game over time.
Yeah, that's enough to work with, through chrome is a bit of a big deal considering even some entry level cars such as a few fords had trim levels for just chrome. But it's enough to easily live with, thanks for the quick response
Well it's just a matter of the artist getting to it on his to do list. Currently he's working on missing late model cars. Which are a bit important than chrome bits at this second. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski