Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GC-Feature Feature #1: Memos
Hey guys, as I said would, we're starting two new weekly news threads. On Mondays we'll be having the "Feature Feature" where I discuss a feature in the game and feature a vehicle. On Fridays we have the "Weekly Report" of what I've been working on.

Feature Feature #1: The Memo System

The memo or memorandum sounds like something very boring. It kinda is, but in the world of business memos are extremely important. Companies can get huge employing tens if not hundreds of thousands of people. Employing all these people generates tons of paperwork. As a CEO you can't be bogged down behind mountains of paperwork, nor do you want to. So you hire other people to do it for you. Anything important they escalate it to you and that is where the memo system comes in.

[Image: ff1_1_thumb.jpg]

This is where you'll find the memos in the "Pre-Computer" age.

[Image: ff1_2_thumb.jpg]

[Image: ff1_3_thumb.jpg]

The memo system shows you problems that need to be addressed within your company, notifies you of finished projects, and reports on beneficial events effecting your business.

[Image: ff1_4_thumb.jpg]

If there is an urgent report or if a research project is completed the memo papers/computer will glow. You'll probably want to check it and make sure your workers aren't striking!

[Image: ff1_5_thumb.jpg]

Sometimes there are way to many memos. This is why we have the filters on top. For example I don't need to know that I'm losing money every month. So lets disable those memos.

[Image: ff1_6_thumb.jpg]

In short the memo system is there to inform and help you. This becomes specially helpful as your company grows larger and things become harder to manage. It also helps you if you're as forgetful as me.... Why am I not selling any cars?!

[Image: ff1_7_thumb.jpg]

DERP! I forgot to hire people to build them!

Feature Car #1: Sturn
The Sturn is available as a 2+2 Roadster or a Touring Car between 1900 and 1917.

[Image: fc1_1_thumb.jpg]
This is the original model.

[Image: fc1_2_thumb.jpg]
This is what mine looks like after some playing around with it.

[Image: fc1_3_thumb.jpg]
And here is another shot with ratings (and a BUG!!!! grrrrrrr!!!!)

Anyway thank you for reading! Any questions, comments please ask them here: http://www.ventdev.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=210