Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NOTYET]Hot Seat Multiplayer
I think that this game would be great with Hot Seat Multiplayer, as Online Multiplayer is a bit of a chore to develop and Multiplayer would suit this game quite well.

You should know what Hot Seat Multiplayer is, you are a gamer after all. Smile

I also know that if done correctly, with user passwords in the multiplayer, and movable and copyable save games, we could also play by Email, which increases the fun of the game.

If you're already doing multiplayer, that's great!
If it's planned, that's great!
If it's not planned, you should consider it.
If it's never going to be in the game, that's fine, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Thanks for your time.
Sadly multiplayer probably won't be in the final version of GearCity. Originally I started the game as a pure replacement for Detroit because in my mind's eye Detroit has some breaking flaws. Being that I could never find anyone to play Detroit with, I never thought about multiplayer until it was a little too late.

That being said, I wrote the code to be rather flexible. With a few months of work I could build a multiplayer version. The entire database/storage/save game system is all one sql db file so playing it online wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

The keyword there is "few months", that's why I've decided to press on with the single player version. If sales warrant me to continue working on it then you could see hotseat, direct online, and maybe even unlimited multiplayer features in a 'free' or 'paid for' expansion.

Thanks for your question. Smile