Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looking forward to it
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I still haven't found a presentation thread

I tried playing Airlines 2 a couple months ago and had some issue with quicktime, I think it needed a much older version to work correctly or something. I wish I knew about Aerobiz and the likes way back in the SNES/Genesis days.
(05-25-2017, 08:02 AM)mahendar Wrote: Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I still haven't found a presentation thread

I tried playing Airlines 2 a couple months ago and had some issue with quicktime, I think it needed a much older version to work correctly or something. I wish I knew about Aerobiz and the likes way back in the SNES/Genesis days.

Sorry for the late reply, I was really busy getting the SP1 update out for v1.22.

Airlines 2 is okish at best. I have a hard time getting into it. That being said, if you have an old copy of windows laying around, you could use virtual box to play it. I still have an XP machine laying around and it works fine on there...

Anyhoo, as of right now, I believe I'll be writing the new engine for AeroMogul in QT5 or (if it comes out by then) QT6. So it should practically work on anything... Without any annoying stuff like Quicktime.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Hello Eric,
reading this forum lead me to Airwaysim which i began to like and play a lot biggrin So...
could you please provide a current rough estimate as when you're going to begin your work on Aero Mogul? I'm quite interested in this game.
Cheers,
Uli
(06-01-2019, 12:36 PM)udeg Wrote: could you please provide a current rough estimate as when you're going to begin your work on Aero Mogul? I'm quite interested in this game.
Cheers,
Uli

It will be after GearCity is finished, after the GearCity spin-off game is finished, and after any additional funded programming work to GearCity is finished. A rough estimation would be about a year after GearCity's full release. But it could be sooner or later depending on how successful GearCity's full release is.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski