Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GearCity 1.17 Progress
(10-16-2014, 05:14 PM)freeman2344 Wrote: I figured as much, Eric. Still sounds spectacular though!
Any release ETA?

I would say next Friday, but I plan on launching the Linux build. And as with any major update/release I'll probably be flooded with tech support stuff...

So I would say the week after next assuming all goes well.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I have finished both the military contracting requests and civilian contracting requests. I do have some simulations to run, but that would put me at about half way finished with the contracting system. (Although not quite, since most of the work is in the back end I believe.)

-Peace Time Military Contracting Requests
-Civilian Fleet/Component Contracting Requests
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
The 1.16.1 Linux build will becoming out Friday the 24th!

While I didn't get much done Sunday other than play testing, Saturday and tonight (well technically last night and very early this morning) has been very productive.

-Finished Contracting GUI (Phone menu)
-Contracting Filtering
-Added details to Contracting Selection screen
-Switched fonts to DejaVu (Which is also cross language as well!)
-Fixed bug in config files which has been causing recent crashes for people who haven't played in a while.

Contracting is nearly done. With the GUI in place and functional, it's only a matter of submitting bids, having the AI pick which one it wants, calculating the results at end turn, displaying the results in the sales book, and do evil stuff to anyone who breaches the contract! biggrin Still no ETA yet, but it should be ready before the end of the month.

Only 2:40am... back to cranking out code! :3
Sometime tonight I'll be launching the Linux build live. Smile

As for 1.16.2 here's what I've done since my last status report:
-Player bid submission
-AI bid submission
-AI granting bid contract
-Fixed a button texture wrap bug
-Possible crash fixes to low end intel video cards due to GUI textures.

The contracting system continues to progress. I have to make the actual shipping of the contracted stuff. Display the information in the sales book. Include penalties if you break the contract, and a few other minor things. If there are no setbacks, 1.16.2 should be ready before next Friday.

Sorry for the delay, but big features such as this do suck up a lot of time... >.>
Really looking forward to contracts!

How are you going to handle controlling which countries contracts you can bid on during war time?
You don't want bmw building engines for British bombers but the Japs would be screwed without them!
(10-23-2014, 04:04 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Really looking forward to contracts!

How are you going to handle controlling which countries contracts you can bid on during war time?
You don't want bmw building engines for British bombers but the Japs would be screwed without them!

There are two types of military contracts. Those generated during peace time and those generated during war time.

Contracts generated during peace can be filled by anyone.

Contracts generated during war can only be filled by company's who's headquarters are located in the nation that is generating the contract.

So no, you won't find BWM bomber engines in any British contracts generated during war.
The Linux launch went rather well. No hiccups (that I know of) so far. I'm not exactly sure how much of a boost in sales we got. But it should be enough for me to buy a Mac Mini and start the OSX port around 1.18-1.19.

I didn't get much programming done Friday morning, however I had a productive last night and Saturday morning.

Here is what I took care of:
- Automated Contract Shipping for players and AI (The game will pull from inventories before shipping to consumers.)
- Breach of contract penalties.

I started working on the revenue code this afternoon. Should finish it up tonight. After that It's displaying the info in the sales book, Limiting/Unlimiting production during war time (could be a pain to do), making memos, balancing, and bug fixing the system.

So 97% sure 1.16.2 will be out in the next 6 days. Smile
Great! Looking forward to Mac Release will buy as soon as its out!
He's what I knocked out the last 2.5 days:
-Revenues generated from contract sales.
-Reorganized Revenue and Expense panels in salesbook
-"Revenues Generated by Contracts" list information in Revenues Panel.
-Contracts panel in sales book now displays current contracts you have and information about them.

-Reverted the button GUI bug back as it was causing crash issues on Windows...

I have to make it where you can produce military contracts during war, stick in a bunch of nanny messages, and do some balancing. Then contracting will be ready!!! Smile
More stuff done:
-Military Contracts production enabled during war
-Contracting Nanny Messages and Memos
-Fixed AI cargo spec bug
-Fixed textbox overlap bugs
-Fixed research time rounding bug
-Added Scroll Bar to memos

I also did a whole bunch of little stuff for the contracting things. Which normally wouldnt' get a little tag in the changelog, but still took up a few hours.

I've got 3 things left to do. Then I'm play testing 1.16.2 for release! Smile