Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.16 Progress
Base tutorial is complete. I just need to clean up a few minor things in the text, do a quick adjustment on the AI, and then bundle it all up for 1.15.3

Should have it ready within the next 36hours.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
1.15.3 is out, here is the announcement in case you miss it on steam announcement thingies:

Quote:1.15.3 Is out.

1.15.3 mainly focused on our new integrated tutorial system. Most of the video tutorials have been translated to this new format. As of now we only cover the basics, however we plan to add additional advance tutorials over the next few minor releases.

If you want to access these tutorials, click the help menu in the upper right hand corner and select "Enable Tutorials." It is best to start the tutorials in the Main Menu and follow the prompts. The tutorials should be automatically enabled if you have not played the game since 1.15.1 or if you have a fresh install.

There may be a few minor issues with the tutorial system. Sorry, still working out all the kinks.

In 1.15.3 we also made some adjustments to the AI, The AI should be more difficult now, more companies will last the duration of the game. However please note this will slow down turn times. So you may wish to play with less starting AI.

Some minor fixes to the UI should improve mouse speeds in the office. I continue to do minor tweaks to this system.

With the bulk of the tutorial system solved. I will move back toward minor bugs and user suggestions for 1.15.4 and start working on the last major feature of 1.16, the new improved racing system.

No ETA on 1.15.4, but it should not be more than 2 weeks. 3 weeks max.

I'll start working on 1.15.4 tomorrow morning Smile Night all!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Knocked out a couple of feature requests today, I'm going to try to knock out a few more of these smaller ones until the end of the week. Then I'll start the racing rewrite.

Anyhoo here is what I did:
-Next/Previous Memo Buttons
-Research teams amounts are monthly and comma separated
-Adjusted vehicle weights, luxury and safety ratings have an even greater impact now.
This morning I:
-View Parts Active check box defaults as checked
-Adjusted IPO share price
-Load Body style only shows loadable vehicles.
-Components and Vehicles will now be marked as designed on the closest whole year from which it finishes researching.

I'm taking most of the afternoon/evening off. I'll resume working either late tonight or early tomorrow.
(09-04-2014, 05:15 PM)Eric.B Wrote: -Load Body style only shows loadable vehicles.

Hells yeah!!

(09-04-2014, 05:15 PM)Eric.B Wrote: -Components and Vehicles will now be marked as designed on the closest whole year from which it finishes researching.

Also hells yeah!!
Will this effect aging as well?
(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Also hells yeah!!

Yes, although I do plan on adjusting the aging formula for components a little more. Penalty is a little too stiff for the first few years for components.
(09-05-2014, 06:12 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 02:22 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Also hells yeah!!

Yes, although I do plan on adjusting the aging formula for components a little more. Penalty is a little too stiff for the first few years for components.

Schweet! I was going to suggest a change to the deterioration of components. I probably still will but I'll hold out to see what you do cuz my idea is barely half formed.
Spent the entire morning implementing Vincenty formula to calculate distances... After 5 hours I gave up on getting it to work properly. So I spent the last 2 hours implementing Haversine which was much easier when I actually grabbed a trig book instead of reading wikipedia or trying to port javascript versions of the formula...

What does that mean to you? Shipping Distances have been fixed within 0.5% margin of error! (Vincenty would of gotten us within ~0.0015m of error, but we're not lobing cruse missiles and I've already wasted too much time...)

-Shipping Distances fixed.
1.15.4 will have changes to the save games. I will make a note of it in the announcements a few days before release.

-Adjust Auto Wage amounts from 0.9 time average to 1.2 times the average.
This morning played around with some reports as requested:
-Fixed more bugs where reports were being cut off from being displayed.
-Added Local Inventories to the Sales and Production Report by City.
-Added a Simple Monthly Summary report which combines "Fiscal-Revenues and Expense Turn Data", "Model- Sales/Production/Inventory", "Sales, Production, and Inventory By City", "Fiscal- Profits per Model", "Fiscal- Estimated Cost of Delivery per Mode"l, and "Research & Construction Status" reports into one simple report. You can access it by creating a user generated report and adding "Simple Monthly Summary" to that report. You also have 4 other slots that you can add reports to. So It should cover a lot of bases for an "End Turn" report. Smile

I'll continue to work on Steam suggestions tonight. Tomorrow I will install Ewwwwbuntu (I don't know why such a crappy distro has huge marketshare on Steam.) to test out the Linux build of the game on a fresh install. IF that goes well, Linux OpenBeta 1.15.35 (30 year demo) should be released around Tuesday or Wednesday. Full time work on the racing starts Tuesday morning. Smile