Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.16 Progress
(08-22-2014, 05:50 AM)Tridon Wrote: Game costumisation <3

Will we be treated to a patch this weekend? Smile

If all goes well, today.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Sorry for the delay, I have been doing simulation tests on the AI to make them a little more long lasting. Still A lot of work to do in this area, and sadly it takes time to do.

Anyway 1.15.2 has been published. 1.15.3 will mainly focus on tutorials, gui optimizations (mainly in the office), and some more fixes to the AI. So stay tuned! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Should have a hotfix coming out in about an hour. I was missing a pair of parentheses in my factory costs.
(08-22-2014, 07:55 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Should have a hotfix coming out in about an hour. I was missing a pair of parentheses in my factory costs.

Maybe were you subconsciously trying to give Frankschtaldt a hearth attack.
(08-23-2014, 04:57 AM)Tridon Wrote:
(08-22-2014, 07:55 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Should have a hotfix coming out in about an hour. I was missing a pair of parentheses in my factory costs.

Maybe were you subconsciously trying to give Frankschtaldt a hearth attack.

Probably, the cheapest factory you could build in 2000 was 22billion, that's like 100m per car. biggrin
So it's been a few days since I updated. I still continue to work on GearCity full time. The last 4 days have been spent working on the AI. I've made improvements to both pricing and vehicle type selection. Some more tweaks to sliders to improve the quality of AI products, and fixed a bug in the aerodynamics, so now AI cars are faster...

Work on the AI is slow because it requires that I simulate the game, review the data, tweak, and then simulate again. I don't exactly have the fastest computers, so a 30 year simulation with full AI takes quite a bit of time. Not to mention the few 100 year simulations I've done. Anyhoo I have two computers running on this. So progress is being made in this area...

I've also implemented the tutorial framework for the office. Should hopefully have the office finished in 2 days, then I can move to RnD room!

Anyhoo this thread will be pretty slow until I finish the tutorial system. As It'll mainly be me saying "Tutorial implemented here, tutorial implemented there, yadda yadda.)

So sorry in advance. ~,^
The base tutorial is roughly 30% complete. (Not including audio dubs for it.)

I've also fixed(or improved, I can only test 1600x1200) the lag issue with the mouse in the office room on high resolution monitors.

Still doing minor tweaks to the AI, they're surviving nicely, but I don't like their expansions...

Next build will come out when base tutorial is 100% finished. No ETA, but it shouldn't be too long.
The base tutorial system is about 50% complete. At this pace the 1.15.3 should be ready Tuesday. Once it's out I'll do some minor suggestion and start working on the new racing system! Smile

An open-beta build of the Linux should also be available next week. So if you're a Linux user, testing that would be very helpful to me. Because my distro is probably better than your distro! So I'd like to know if it works on your box.
I would say we're about 75% finished with the base tutorial. I stopped last night on "Assigning production" so I just have that, branches, salesbook, and city information (when starting a new game) to do.

The base tutorial covers almost everything in the videos, although more interactively. After I get the base, I'll probably work in one advance tutorial every build, until we've documented the entire game.
Base tutorials are around 90% finished. I have to add a little bit to the select HQ state. Fix some of my "English", and fix some of the GUI that is messed up. Once I take care of those tomorrow, I'll clean up a little bit of the AI improvements I've done and release 1.15.3 on Tuesday/Wednesday.

For most of you that have played the game, 1.15.3 won't be much of a change, just improved AI. (At the cost of slower turn times) some performance tweaks to the UI, and most of the stuff in the video tutorials are now built into the game, although it's still a little hinky.

1.15.4 will focus on a few minor suggestions, and I'll start working on the improved racing stuff. Stay tuning!