Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.16 Progress
Was going to release 1.15.1 about 5 hours ago, but I ran into a bug with the Auto Production code that was producing more units than the factory could actually produce. This of course took a while to fix... :\ Thus causing 1.15.1 to be late, anyhoo it's uploading now. So one quick play through and I'll push it live to default branch.

-Adjusted Autoproduction and AI production amounts.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
1.15.1 is live! Enjoy!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
The linux port is almost finished. I'll be releasing an OpenBeta build of it sometime in the next 2 weeks.

Since I still have a little bit more work to do on the Linux build, 1.15.2 will continue being bug fixes and minor suggestions. As I pointed out else where I want to cut our suggestion forums in half by 1.16 release. I might not be able to do it, but I want to at least put a good dent in it.

Stable build will be updated to 1.15.0.1 next week. So if you are stable build please finish your games ASAP, so you don't QQ when you have to start over. You could also disable autoupdates if this is not an option.
-Fixed crash in showroom when no vehicle is selected.
So no updates in 24hours, we can't have that! Looks like I haven't been doing anything when in fact I've worked 15 hours today! Tongue

I fixed file loading and saving settings on the Linux build. Only charting, sound, and bugs left to do.

Also started on the Tutorial System! The system is fairly simple, popups occur pointing to various functions of the game and then tells you about them. Clicking the popups takes you to the next popup. So on and so forth. Eventually I'll be able to put audio dubs behind this so there is not as much reading.

Most of the Main Menu is finished. The tutorial artwork still needs some work else I'd post a screenshot.

I will work on the Tutorial System again tomorrow. Jump to Linux Sunday and Monday, then switch to bugs and suggestions Tuesday-Friday for hopefully a Friday patch.

-Integrated Tutorial System Framework.
Well I have spent another full day on the tutorial system. I have finished the Main Menu stuff however there are a few issues when interacting with other GUI elements. Which means I spent the entire day debugging and pretty much go no where with it.

I'll work on the Linux port Sunday, and debate on if I want to rewrite the tutorial system again on Monday....
So Monday I spent the morning working on the Tutorial Framework. And the good news is I think it's working now. Least I hope. I took the evening off to sleep.

This morning I:
-HR department no longer shows unfunded research teams.
-Lobbying no longer has an immediate effect on benefits.
-Hiring in HR now longer has random employee amounts when hiring less than average wages.
-Switched position of maximum supported engine width and length as requested.
-Fixed mega menu shipping priority bug. Mega Menu shipping now defaults to "Normal"
-Are you sure function added to vehicle end production.

Currently I'm working on fixing up the scroll button sliders Somewhat. Compiling Gnuplot for Linux build and then I'll work on "Advance" game settings. Which should clear up a few suggestion tickets and make the game more enjoyable for some until we get military contracting and randomization into the game.
So since the last update I've done a few things that requires simulations, which sadly takes up a little bit of time on my archaic equipment. Anyhoo here is what I've done:

-Added monthly costs to factory build screen.
-Added factory completion time to mega menu.
-Tweaked player/ai effects on cities, adjusted growth rates to be closer to normal rates.
-Tweaked factory costs just a little bit more.
-Adjusted AI to take advantage of new factory system. So they don't bankrupt as quickly.
-Possible fix to the report list not displaying lines.
-Fixed "chassis is too wide for body" when loading a vehicle body.

I will probably take the rest of the evening off, haven't been feeling too well lately. Tomorrow morning I'll do a playthrough, make sure everything is good and then submit a 1.15.2 patch.
And whoa, I missed an update on here:
Quote: Last night and this morning I worked on the "Advance New Game Settings" window.
You can now customize your game by:
-Removing all wars
-Removing all economic fluctuations.
-Start with no Factories or Branches
-Start with a Loan.
-Start with custom amount of money.

This system will be expanded in the future to allow random history, scenarios, and many other things. But I believe this will cover the basic requests of many recently. so Enjoy. Smile

I really need a night off! biggrin
Game costumisation <3

Will we be treated to a patch this weekend? Smile