Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESTING]Factory running costs bugged
As mentioned before, the HQ factories are supposed to be cheaper.

I will adjust the monthly costs directly for 1.15
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
So what do we think of the costs/prices in 1.15?
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Haven't had a chance to properly check it out yet but my initial impression is it's better but still too high. Mostly because the production capacity of factories seems to have halved in this update giving you fewer cars to offset the cost against.
Sorry but it's just as bad, if not worse.
See attached image (the is 1948 fyi). The cost of running the factory appears to be have been reduced a bit but production capacity has been reduced to less than half what it used to be so, using this factory as an example, my running cost per car is over $1500 which is way up on the $600ish I was complaining about earlier.

I'm going to try moding the save to give myself a buttload of money so I can make a factory with sliders turned up to see how muc more efficient it get as it gets larger.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So, I'd say it's working as intended.
Just, the extra cost for the smaller factories might be a bit ott.
If you want to build a new factory you either need to have massive profit per vehicle or have both sliders up at least 1/4 or 1/3 or your guaranteed to loose money on it.
reduced the base formula from costs*0.055 to 0.035,

we'll see how that goes.
Forgot to ask, how are costs now in 1.15.1?
To be honest I've been too busy to try it out yet.
Hoping to get a couple of hours Sunday arvo to give it a burl.
Got a bit of a chance to have a play last night finally!
New factory code seems pretty well balanced now and costs seem right. You'll go bankrupt if you build a massive factory and don't do anything with it but it's possible to turn a good profit if you manage to keep it busy.