Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Production speed effect on quality
I'm wondering if anyone has a good idea (or if Eric is willing to explain) if the "Production speed" slider in the factory window has any effect on perceived quality of the vehicles you produce or if it only effects the number of cars you can make per line?
I've always turned it towards quality rather than quantity when making high end vehicles but I've seen no real evidence that I'm actually gaining anything from doing that.
I haven't seen any difference in the quality of the vehicles. For example, I have the same design being produced in two different places. One is going flat out and the other is about halfway between quality and quantity. I don't think there is any difference between the cars built in the different factories.

There probably should be a difference. Most super luxury brands produce fewer numbers because their processes take longer and are more complicated.
Watch me play Gear City!

Root Negative Gaming on YouTube
It effects both. Although the effects to the number of cars made is more noticeable.

The quality modification has been reduced greatly due to turn time speeds. As it stands now it give roughly a 1% bonus to the buyer's car rating which makes your car more desirable than other cars of the same type being sold in the same city.

One of these days I'll get around to giving it a greater effect, specially to the demographics.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski