Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Early Game Tactics
What is the best way to approach the early game?

Right now I'm struggling to create a successful company early on.

the things i've tried so far:

- Crappy & Cheap

Creating three designs all based around the cheapest and crappiest components I can.

- Solid

Again, going for a couple of designs all based off decent stuff. So levelling out each slider and just making a middle of the road design.

- Expensive

This is just an express train to bankruptcy. Any time I try to make a high quality anything, I just can't make enough money off what I sell.

I've been doing my best to tweak production to be basically exactly what I sell. But in all examples I can't get enough profit out of the cars to make a decent amount of money.

What way is the best to approach the early game to get yourself established? I'm picking designs that are in demand (either above average or high) and trying to sell them. Just not having a lot of success at this point!
Watch me play Gear City!

Root Negative Gaming on YouTube
Start in nrth usa.
build rubbish car , and sell for approx 3 times build cost.
in new york most cars sell whatever build quality.
I'm still selling pickup nbuilt in 1920 in 1975. Only for 300 quid but sell rate is massive!
(07-14-2014, 04:02 AM)shadow Wrote: I'm still selling pickup nbuilt in 1920 in 1975. Only for 300 quid but sell rate is massive!

I'm curious if you're still able to do this in 1.14.8? A 55 year old design should be losing a significant amount of sales. I'd love to see your save game if you've been playing this way in 1.14.8! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
I thought too.
Just played a game , and sales in have fallen to around 800 a year.
still seems a lot though,
will upload screen shot tomorrow.
just getting ready for late shift at work.
The entire game would be more helpful, zip it up and attach it to the forums!

Thanks! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
file:///C:/Users/marc/Documents/Downloads/onecar.db
Forgot I updated the model in question.
still from 1930 odd to still be selling in 1980?
lol
Uhm, To upload the file you have to zip the file then come to the forums and hit "Add reply" then attach the zip file to the forums.

I can't see the file if you just give me the file path on your computer.
Lol. Oops.
never uploaded file to forum before. Try again later