Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot seat multiplayer
Quick intro - grabbed the game yesterday, played 2 hours, wanted to play more, good job well done.

My interest in the game comes largely from playing endless hours of Detroit in the early 90s with friends, and while you've already stated that if the game proves successful enough multiplayer/LAN play would be added have you considered adding hotseat multiplayer? That was one of the best features in the original and I'd imagine slightly easier to implement than LAN or online play.

Enjoying the game at any rate, but hotseat would be very welcome.
Any form of Multiplayer will come with the planned expansion if the game "breaks even" with both capital cost and my labor costs.
Hot seat multiplayer will be possible as well as online play. The data base and most of the variables in the game are SQL DBs (Same things that this forum and many websites use) there for it shouldn't be too much of a challenge beyond fixing some of my own lazy coding to turn it into multiplayer.

I'd imagine the online version could theoretically support a few hundred players in one game. But that remains to be seen. I will try with 4 and work our way up. Smile

Anyway this is all just pre-planning, i'm not sure if we're going to be doing it
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski