Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modify-> Upgrade
I've searched the forums for this but didn't find the answer.

When you upgrade the chassis/engine/gearbox....3% for whatever price does this upgrade automatically proceed to the production units associated with it?

Ok found the FAQ (unofficial)
"Improve an existing component by a certain percent. This will only apply to designs produced after the modification is done. This piece of information is important, it means that your existing designs on the production line will not be improved by this process until they are redesigned."

So it sounds like I hit the improve by 3% for money button and it doesn't change a thing until I build a new vehicle based off that upgraded chassis/engine/gearbox.

I'm only at about 1925 and my suspicion is that it's more cost effective to design new rather than to upgrade. Perhaps this changes later in the game.
The info you found in the unofficial FAQ is correct.

(06-17-2014, 02:32 PM)PointGiven Wrote: I'm only at about 1925 and my suspicion is that it's more cost effective to design new rather than to upgrade. Perhaps this changes later in the game.

"Modification" needs a lot of work before it's worth using. I believe it'll get some balancing when I do some of the changes I plan to in the RnD department.

If you have any other questions let me know. Was a little slow to answer this one. Sorry.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
No worries. Not the final version I know.

Is there a page of info based off of car. Say I have a car called "Large Sedan", is there a page that shows factories produced at, regions sold, cost to produce, research cost of relevant components, sales for the last x# of months, lifetime sales,etc etc..... sort of a car in production summary page.
I don't think there is a page that has all that information at once, however most of those can be found spread throughout existing reports in the User Generated Report system found in the sales book.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
I actually find it easier and more fun to just build new!
To find a lot of fun Project Project ideasthan to build simple, just a new actually!
Modification should at least be as cost effective as building new parts, thus allowing you to use the same base design for longer periods of time. It is a more realistic style of play. In the long run, if balanced properly there shouldn't be an advantage to either way.
In sticking with real world automotive products I'd suggest modify would be like a mid cycle refresh. Or did you have anything else in mind with how that would be handled?

I'd want to run a 10 year cycle on my vehicles, I'd want to refresh at 3 and again at 6...I'd say then at 8.5 start redesigning from scratch to launch a redesign for year 10/11.
I haven't put too much thought into how to do the new modification system. There should be some decent threads and ideas linked in Arakash's mega suggestion thread. I'll end up going through all the suggestions on the subject, cherry pick out what i like, formula what I want and then mix it all together and code it. Smile
Cool. Digging the game. I work for a Nissan dealer as a Fleet Manager as my day job dealing with vehicles on a dealer level and have enjoyed playing this on a strategic level.