Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.15 Progress
-Fixed manual hiring, marketing wage bug.

Patch has been pushed!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
-Removed stock splits and bankruptcies from the newspaper.
This made it into the patch as well, forgot to make a note of it.
Will probably move this into the AI news in the magazine when I redesign it.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(07-12-2014, 08:49 AM)Eric.B Wrote: -Excess margins effect buying pool

Can you clarify what this actually means?
Also, how does the game determine what is an excessive margin?
(07-12-2014, 07:35 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(07-12-2014, 08:49 AM)Eric.B Wrote: -Excess margins effect buying pool

Can you clarify what this actually means?
Also, how does the game determine what is an excessive margin?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/285110/dis...1284594510

Excessive margin penalty kicks in at around 700% and is linear penalty. It's mainly to prevent 0 rated cars with 1000% markups from competing with normal cars. This combined with the component age fix will prevent someone from selling a car in 1980s that they built using 1900 parts which cost $50 per unit for $5000...
Cool, thanks for the clarification!
I was a bit concerned becasue I do have a tendency to have a brand or two with ludicrously expensive cars (think Rolls Royce and Ferrari) and was worried that play style was going to be killed.
Also, in my experience, the suggested sell price is generally betweeen 10-25% less than what I find I need to sell at to make a profit unless i have enormous factories and a massive distribution network which takes a few decades to build up. So, I was a little concerned I wass already operating in the penaltty range!

Also, sorry but pet peve time. Your example is mark up not margin. Margin is the % of sell price that is proffit and thus can never be better than 100%.
Quote:Also, sorry but pet peve time. Your example is mark up not margin. Margin is the % of sell price that is proffit and thus can never be better than 100%.
17 hours of programming, bite me. Tongue
LOL Smile
Not too happy about the "companies going bankrupt" news being removed. I kind of found these interesting Wink
(07-13-2014, 12:10 AM)freeman2344 Wrote: Not too happy about the "companies going bankrupt" news being removed. I kind of found these interesting Wink

They'll show up again, probably in memos or magazines.

The main problem is, world event news was getting drowned out. You wouldn't believe how bug reports I've gotten for 0 produce during WW1 and WW2.
(07-13-2014, 06:23 AM)Eric.B Wrote:
(07-13-2014, 12:10 AM)freeman2344 Wrote: Not too happy about the "companies going bankrupt" news being removed. I kind of found these interesting Wink

They'll show up again, probably in memos or magazines.

The main problem is, world event news was getting drowned out. You wouldn't believe how bug reports I've gotten for 0 produce during WW1 and WW2.

Wow, there are people who don't know the dates associated with WW1 and WW2? Just amazing.