Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.15 Progress
(06-01-2014, 02:39 PM)shaunisradd Wrote: based on what I have seen on steam, perhaps more information displayed explaining what things to on each screen is a good idea. (Sliders on the research screens having some information displayed on what exactly they do)

Yea, I'm thinking that too. Problem is, the game is sooo fluid that I'm afraid of doing it too early and then having to rewrite a bunch of crap.

The manual that I spent 2 weeks writing and $50 to get edited is already obsolete, and I haven't even published it...
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Fixed a major bug in the production system that showed the wrong amount of employees
Fixed bug is display of research team funding
Tweaked AI's vehicle's aerodynamic drag values
Fix missing text in unoptimized memos
Changed wording of Production Line Quality, to Production Optimization.
Changed MOTD, to tell you that video tutorials are available! (Steam Build)
Fixed GDR' per capitas 1950-2020
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Pushed the 1.14.3 patch to steam. We'll start off the week as bug free as possible just in case any gaming sites run PR on us if they hadn't over the weekend.
Hello,

I bought the game yesterday and I am happy with it even if I experienced crash always at the same point (I have to check msinfo32 to narrow the issue...)

Please, I have 2 quick questions:
- I saw you introduced 1600x900 since Steam release. Will you plan to do the same with 1440x900? biggrin
- Are you alone behind this project?

Cheers

Louis
(06-02-2014, 08:25 AM)morohbar Wrote: Hello,

I bought the game yesterday and I am happy with it even if I experienced crash always at the same point (I have to check msinfo32 to narrow the issue...)

Please, I have 2 quick questions:
- I saw you introduced 1600x900 since Steam release. Will you plan to do the same with 1440x900? biggrin
- Are you alone behind this project?

Cheers

Louis

Next time you crash upload the logfile.log on here so I help solve the issue. Wink

1) I can do that!

2) For the most part yes, I subcontract 3d artwork and music out of my own pocket, everything else is done by me.
Been getting difficulty complaints for the late game, so I started working on balancing a little earlier than I wanted to. Hopefully this is enough of a fix that I can go back to hunting crashing and working on the decal system...

Anyway this is what I've done for today:

20 New AI logos
Minor reduction to base factory cost and monthly factory cost
25% off factory monthly and build costs on easy mode.
Adjustment to transport costs
Fixed Assisted Designer name bug
Fixed designer spec text overlaps
(06-02-2014, 12:05 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Pushed the 1.14.3 patch to steam. We'll start off the week as bug free as possible just in case any gaming sites run PR on us if they hadn't over the weekend.

Ah yes, well your in the wolves den now. Wink
(06-03-2014, 01:09 AM)shaunisradd Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 12:05 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Pushed the 1.14.3 patch to steam. We'll start off the week as bug free as possible just in case any gaming sites run PR on us if they hadn't over the weekend.

Ah yes, well your in the wolves den now. Wink

Luckily not many are biting me, yet...
Progress report:

Fixed World Map glows missing in 1980
Fixed aerodynamic calculation crash
Fixed multiple crashes with the accessories directional panel after you hit "finish" in the designer.
Added an additional 15 logos,
New 1940s door handle,
Fixed new component design skill bug.

Should have a new steam patch out tonight assuming it doesn't blow up in my face.