Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.15 Progress
(08-01-2014, 03:52 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(08-01-2014, 03:29 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Sweet! Has this update been pushed to the stable branch?

No stable will probably be updated to 1.15 in 3 or 4 weeks.
You can always switch back to default branch and start a new game. Tongue

Exactly why I asked =)
Porting the decal system to Stand Alone Car Designer (From the main menu) is completed.
RnD Department port is about 90% complete, although there are a few bugs which I need to find and fix. Once I get that working I'll port to the Showroom.

The Decal porting is going much quicker than anticipated! We're still on track for a mid week release for 1.15. I'll probably even be able to work in some factory fixes for Frankschtaldt so he doesn't go crazy! Wink
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
LOL, too late! =p
(08-02-2014, 02:40 PM)Eric.B Wrote: The Decal porting is going much quicker than anticipated! We're still on track for a mid week release for 1.15. I'll probably even be able to work in some factory fixes for Frankschtaldt so he doesn't go crazy! Wink

Outstanding!

About 1.15 and the factory fixes biggrin
Watch me play Gear City!

Root Negative Gaming on YouTube
Decal port to the main game is almost complete. I may need an additional day to do the rest of the stuff that I wanted to and fix one of the possible crashes that keep popping up. But 1.15 will defiantly be ready for the weekend!
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
The Decal System has been ported game wide. I also fixed a major bug in placing accessories on the vehicles. Ever noticed that you had to move the viewport a little in order to place an object on the body? Shouldn't have that trouble anymore! Smile

The Decal System may be a little buggy. I hope to iron it out and fix up the stuff I broke in the factory system tomorrow. As well as include some more artwork! This means 1.15 will be released on Thursday. Worst case scenario I will just revert the factory changes back to 1.14.8, but 1.15 will be out on Thursday barring an act of God.
Just finished rewriting the build factory and retool code. The new system merges the Capacity slider into a new slider also called Production Capacity. And the Quality/Quantity slider has been merged into the Technology slider.

This simplifies the creation of factories and allows you to control exactly how many production lines you want to build. Costs have been reworked and are now cheaper and based more on how many lines you create.

The numbers have been reworked so that it is cheaper per car to build a larger factory than a smaller factory. Although you will still have to have the capital to do this.

Monthly factory cost have been decreased by a base 1% of total factory build costs.

Retooling does not increase or decrease factory lines now. It simply fixes any wear issues. This will force you to "Resize" the factory every few decades if you want to improve the factory. (Thus causing a better money sink and less "gamey" way to increase production.)

In a few hours I will throw in the new artwork and then do some play test to minimize any problems with this release.

After the release I'll go through and reply to forum posts. I've been neglecting anything that requires actual thought or opinion the last few days in order to get 1.15 out on time! Stupid Decal Placement Bug! >:|
Sounds awesome! Can't wait!
Added 8 new 1970s cars, 5 headlight decals, and 5 taillight decals.
Cool.
Can't wait to play 1.15!