Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wheel placement
I've noticed that in the car designer it can be quite difficult to get the wheels to connect to the axle in a sensible location with certain models. With some of them it can be difficult to get it to even register a connection at all! On top of all of this, no matter how well you place the wheels you pretty much always end up with one pair not touching the ground.

I think it would be worth giving the wheels a default position on all models. So, the player selects their base model and then the wheel style they want and *BAM!* all four wheels are placed in location that works. Then allow the player to modify the wheel size and track width etc from there.

Perhaps have a toggle-able lock so the player can't accidental move the wheels as well but has to option to do so if they really want?
(03-21-2014, 08:15 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: I think it would be worth giving the wheels a default position on all models. So, the player selects their base model and then the wheel style they want and *BAM!* all four wheels are placed in location that works. Then allow the player to modify the wheel size and track width etc from there.

This has been brought up numerous times in numerous locations on the forum.

The short answer is, there is not much that can be done. All vehicle art for the game was finished months ago. It would all have to be redone in order to have automatic wheel placement. Unless you can give $15,000 to redo all vehicle artwork, I can not afford to redo it.

If we're lucky enough to do an expansion, automatic wheel placement will probably make it into the game.

I don't have the GC in front of me, but if memory serves me there should be a lock axis check box. You can use that lock the movement of the wheel when placing, to prevent placing a wheel higher than the other... (Although this feature might be disabled, not sure)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Fair enough. I didn't think it'd be easy but if you don't ask you don't get.
(03-21-2014, 09:02 PM)Eric.B Wrote: I don't have the GC in front of me, but if memory serves me there should be a lock axis check box. You can use that lock the movement of the wheel when placing, to prevent placing a wheel higher than the other... (Although this feature might be disabled, not sure)
I wasnt aware there was that kind of feature, ill have to keep my eyes open for it in the future.
(03-21-2014, 11:41 PM)Arakash Wrote:
(03-21-2014, 09:02 PM)Eric.B Wrote: I don't have the GC in front of me, but if memory serves me there should be a lock axis check box. You can use that lock the movement of the wheel when placing, to prevent placing a wheel higher than the other... (Although this feature might be disabled, not sure)
I wasnt aware there was that kind of feature, ill have to keep my eyes open for it in the future.

Me neither. I found it though. It's top right hand corner. Three check boxes below a set of arrows.