Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.13 Progress
(03-06-2014, 01:36 AM)Sarchez Wrote: Does the above also extend to bodywork ?

No it doesn't, thanks for reminding me.

Currently design skills do not effect which bodies you can use. The code is there, just not enough art for it. In time though.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Updates for 1.13 are sounding pretty sweet!
I think it would be a neat addition if you could develop one cylinder and V-twin engines for other applications (Small motor equipment and motorcycles). These could be bought by other companies in those respective markets.
(03-06-2014, 04:00 PM)shaunisradd Wrote: I think it would be a neat addition if you could develop one cylinder and V-twin engines for other applications (Small motor equipment and motorcycles). These could be bought by other companies in those respective markets.

This has been discussed elsewhere (only, mostly in the sense of much larger applications that I know of) and as far as I know the answer is as follows:
- Contracts for complete vehicles to military/government/big business are on the cards and will be implemented at some point before launch
- Contracting components to other car manufacturers is already in but needs some tweeking
- Contracting components to other industries has been discusses at length and is on the "Would be cool" list but it is not a high priority at the moment. It likely will get included at some stage in the future but most likely not until a future expansion.
Implemented a "Slider Summery" system that will allow you to manually enter component/vehicle slider numbers in RnD.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(03-07-2014, 01:34 AM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 04:00 PM)shaunisradd Wrote: I think it would be a neat addition if you could develop one cylinder and V-twin engines for other applications (Small motor equipment and motorcycles). These could be bought by other companies in those respective markets.

This has been discussed elsewhere (only, mostly in the sense of much larger applications that I know of) and as far as I know the answer is as follows:
- Contracts for complete vehicles to military/government/big business are on the cards and will be implemented at some point before launch
- Contracting components to other car manufacturers is already in but needs some tweeking
- Contracting components to other industries has been discusses at length and is on the "Would be cool" list but it is not a high priority at the moment. It likely will get included at some stage in the future but most likely not until a future expansion.

Very cool. I think that will add a good bit of depth and options to where and how you can take or shape your company. (Sorry for not searching previous)
(03-07-2014, 04:40 AM)shaunisradd Wrote: Very cool. I think that will add a good bit of depth and options to where and how you can take or shape your company. (Sorry for not searching previous)

All good, pretty sure I did the same thing the first time I mentioned this idea lol

I totally agree with you. But as Eric said in response to this in another thread, (paraphrasing here) the game is already too easy and he needs to make it a bit harder before he starts introducing more ways to make money.
You can now clone existing sliders from other designs. This should make updating designs while keeping the same slider settings easier.
Adjusted modify component prices.
New Body styles generate memos now