Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FIXED]Priorities broken ?
I've been playing around with transport costs, and in doing so - I've been messing with shipping and pitch priorities.

I decided to increase both to highest, in the cities I was producing in. (European factories only).

Instead of keeping the same levels of sales, but prioritising the ones in the producing cities first, it seems my sales has decreased dramatically in those cities with high priorities.
The cities that doesn't produce, have stayed at normal priority level - and their sales seems stable enough.

Logfile and savegame included.

Attached Files
.log   Logfile.log (Size: 39.75 KB / Downloads: 377)
.rar   Salescheck.rar (Size: 1.48 MB / Downloads: 385)
Yes and no.

Seems like when I added the megamenu I created a bug that would allow you to modify vehicles and give them any priorities...

You should only be allowed 1 highest priority shipping per model, and only 1 highest sales priority per branch.

You get 1 extra high per every 2 lows.

Anyhoo multiple highest broke the system, thus giving you issues! Smile

And it's all been fixed, (as far as I've tested anyway, I'm sure you guys will find something else I broke because of my fixes!!!)
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Good and we'll definately give it a go Tongue
I had misunderstood the meaning of them though.

What I was trying to do :
Making all models in all cities with factories, highest priority.
This was done to make sure, that the city would be selling everything locally first, then "export" any excess production to nearby cities. (thereby reducing transport costs as much as possible).

I didn't want to be producing 10 sportscars, just to see them get shipped off to some remote city, while there was unmet demand in the city where they were produced...
The shipping algorithm should work as such:
Per Model:
Highest Priority...
High Priorities...
so forth...

After that is sorted then it should be sorted by price, so highest price, next highest price, etc. Then distance.

This will change when I implement some of the suggestions regarding transportation. But for the time being that's how it works Tongue
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski