Poll: What metric units do you messure fuel consumption with?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
km/l
22.50%
9 22.50%
l/100km
67.50%
27 67.50%
SAE Only (I never use stinking metric system!!!)
10.00%
4 10.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fuel Efficiency Units!
Yep... It is almost imposible to create a system to be used as global.
But having multiple choices is a great start to please.
I'm going to Sweden next september and I can ask how they calculate there. Wink
Just one more turn...
"United we stand, divided we fall" Two Steps From Hell
The metric system is the best. L/100 km <- FTW! biggrin
The best thing would be to have a choice of L/100 km and MPG (US and Imperial).

KM/L is weird...

Automation uses also the specific consumption (grams / kWh), but it is not very celar for non-engineers.
To me is better Km/L. I'm from Brazil.
Hope I'm not late... As I prefer the Km/L because is more easier and immediate to read, the offical unit of measure in Europe for every brand is L/Km. I live in ItalyWink
(12-27-2015, 01:37 PM)Preliator Wrote: Hope I'm not late... As I prefer the Km/L because is more easier and immediate to read, the offical unit of measure in Europe for every brand is L/Km. I live in ItalyWink

Sorry, but the official measure in the European Union is l/100 km (EU-guideline 70/220/EWG).

To be honest, I have problems in using mpg or km/l as it is totally unknown in Europe.
As posted before: The best thing would be to have a choice of l/100 km and MPG so everyone could be happy Smile
(01-11-2016, 09:18 AM)Celeste Wrote: To be honest, I have problems in using mpg or km/l as it is totally unknown in Europe.
As posted before: The best thing would be to have a choice of l/100 km and MPG so everyone could be happy Smile
Same thing here. I totally agree with that.
I'm a uk resident and we use mpg.
much easier.
but all of you are right , would be better to have the choice of both
I think km/L is great, because it's easy to convert to and from mpg. They're both the distance you can go on one unit of fuel. With L/100 km, you're saying how many units of fuel you need in order to travel 100 km.
Next Major build (v1.24) I will be implementing a unit's converter. So you can pick whatever unit of measurements you want. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski