Poll: What metric units do you messure fuel consumption with?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
km/l
22.50%
9 22.50%
l/100km
67.50%
27 67.50%
SAE Only (I never use stinking metric system!!!)
10.00%
4 10.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fuel Efficiency Units!
I voted for Km/L because here in brazil we use it that way. You should probably use something like this: X mpg (Y Km/L)
(02-06-2014, 03:27 PM)Sarchez Wrote: But then again, you might want to have as an option to change between metric and imperial measurements, as most people have no clue about other systems. (I mean all measurements in the game will be metric or imperial.)

This will also solve the annoying thing, when you create a chassis with xx" Width for engine, create an engine which is xx" and it doesn't fit because it's several mm too large. Smile

+1

Being able to choose in options the measurements that you're used to would be the best. I found an online converter I use to convert from "distance per volume" to "volume per distance", just so I could get a sense how it compares to modern RL cars Tongue
Eventually I'll switch it to l/100, since most people who use km/l can also use mpg.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
here in germany, every (real) manufacator advertises l/100 KM... mpg is absolutley uncommon here

keep up the great work, eric! (was a big fan of the "rüsselheim"-game, when i was a boy... i guess the international name was "detroit") back on my Pentium 75 Mhz powerhouse-PC
I prefer L/100km, maybe create an option for switch L/100 or km/L in settings
The upside of l/100 km is that it's the same format as MPG, so that would make the reviews read a bit more fluent. Now it reads like it only uses a certain amount of distance for litre of gasoline...
(06-23-2015, 07:20 PM)Dolehof Wrote: The upside of l/100 km is that it's the same format as MPG,

This is not true. MPG is distance per gallon, as such KM per L is distance per liter.

l/100km is fuel per distance. So a different format. Wink

But it's already settled, I'll be switching to l/100km some point in time. It's not a huge issue, thus not a high priority however.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(06-23-2015, 08:08 PM)Eric.B Wrote: But it's already settled, I'll be switching to l/100km some point in time. It's not a huge issue, thus not a high priority however.

Eric, is not possible to have 2 options?
I prefer Km/L because it is very common here in Brazil and maybe in others country in Latin America.
Anyway. It is just a question that would please Greeks and Troians!! Haha
Just one more turn...
"United we stand, divided we fall" Two Steps From Hell
(06-24-2015, 11:52 AM)Seaswolf Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 08:08 PM)Eric.B Wrote: But it's already settled, I'll be switching to l/100km some point in time. It's not a huge issue, thus not a high priority however.

Eric, is not possible to have 2 options?
I prefer Km/L because it is very common here in Brazil and maybe in others country in Latin America.
Anyway. It is just a question that would please Greeks and Troians!! Haha

Most likely we'll have two options, but I won't know for sure until I reach that point.

biggrin

Just want to say I voted for L/100Km, but here in Norway we use neither of those formats. Here we have decided to use our own arbitrary retarded format.

We have our own distance format: 1 Mil (pronounced almost the same as mile) = 10 Km
So fuel efficiency is given as L/Mil.
So it is the same fraction, just a shorter length.

I believe they use the same system in Sweden too, but in Denmark i think they use Km/L.