Poll: What metric units do you messure fuel consumption with?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
km/l
22.50%
9 22.50%
l/100km
67.50%
27 67.50%
SAE Only (I never use stinking metric system!!!)
10.00%
4 10.00%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fuel Efficiency Units!
I voted L/100km because that's what's used in Australia. Having said that, I've always thought it to be arse about but whatevs.

Also, please ignore Arakash's plea for whole numbers. It already annoys me no end the km/L and MPG only show whole numbers. Actually, every instance of truncated or rounded off to a while number that I can think of currently in the game annoys me!! My biggest pet peeve with this regard is the vehicle stat screen telling me I have a 0L engine in my car!

Sorry for the minor derailment. I blame Arakash =p
Km/l was commonly used in Europe, but was changed to l/100km in the 90's I think.
I blame EU Tongue

As long as you keep it metric, I'm not bothered.

But then again, you might want to have as an option to change between metric and imperial measurements, as most people have no clue about other systems. (I mean all measurements in the game will be metric or imperial.)

This will also solve the annoying thing, when you create a chassis with xx" Width for engine, create an engine which is xx" and it doesn't fit because it's several mm too large. Smile
(02-06-2014, 03:27 PM)Sarchez Wrote: Km/l was commonly used in Europe, but was changed to l/100km in the 90's I think.
I blame EU Tongue

As long as you keep it metric, I'm not bothered.

But then again, you might want to have as an option to change between metric and imperial measurements, as most people have no clue about other systems. (I mean all measurements in the game will be metric or imperial.)

This will also solve the annoying thing, when you create a chassis with xx" Width for engine, create an engine which is xx" and it doesn't fit because it's several mm too large. Smile

Km/l was never used in Europe, it was always l/100 km. The EU only regulated how the car industry had to measure the fuel consumption in 1996. So there is nobody to blame, l/100 km is a normal thing in "the rest of the world" like mpg in US and GB. biggrin
(02-06-2014, 03:53 PM)Celeste Wrote: Km/l was never used in Europe, it was always l/100 km. The EU only regulated how the car industry had to measure the fuel consumption in 1996. So there is nobody to blame, l/100 km is a normal thing in "the rest of the world" like mpg in US and GB. biggrin

Km/l was commonly used when discussing fuel economy.

l/100km started, when the manufacturers put in computers that told you how many l/100km you were currently doing.
From there, l/100km is becoming the norm when you discuss fuel economy.

And I blame EU for just about anything Tongue
(02-06-2014, 04:56 PM)Sarchez Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 03:53 PM)Celeste Wrote: Km/l was never used in Europe, it was always l/100 km. The EU only regulated how the car industry had to measure the fuel consumption in 1996. So there is nobody to blame, l/100 km is a normal thing in "the rest of the world" like mpg in US and GB. biggrin

l/100km started, when the manufacturers put in computers that told you how many l/100km you were currently doing.

Err, no :cool:
(02-06-2014, 05:01 PM)Celeste Wrote:
(02-06-2014, 04:56 PM)Sarchez Wrote:

Err, no :cool:

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
No need to fight, I think we can just conclude that Europe as a whole, hasn't had 1 common standard on this, like in most other aspects.
(And that Celeste and I aren't from the same area of Europe) Smile
(02-07-2014, 09:27 AM)Sarchez Wrote: (And that Celeste and I aren't from the same area of Europe) Smile

Yes, that is quiet obvious Wink

(02-07-2014, 09:27 AM)Sarchez Wrote: No need to fight, I think we can just conclude that Europe as a whole, hasn't had 1 common standard on this, like in most other aspects.
(And that Celeste and I aren't from the same area of Europe) Smile

Didn't notice that we had a fight. Well, we just have to wait and see how the poll develops!
Celeste - pretty sure he was commenting in regards to Franky egging you two on. Wink
(02-07-2014, 12:37 PM)Geredis Wrote: Celeste - pretty sure he was commenting in regards to Franky egging you two on. Wink

Me,too :cool: biggrin