Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping distribution?
Could be a bug, could be my own stupidity....

Started 1900, HQ in London selling microcars and phaetons. Latest version of GC.

Gained a bit of capital, started a new marque and a factory in the USA to sell pickup trucks under a different brand around 1908. Also built a second factory in Leeds for the original brand.

Knowing that war was coming (time travel eh?) and sales were dipping anyway, I halted all production to start working on contracts through the war. I got a good contract with the New York taxi service selling full sized vans that were produced in my American factory. But my distribution costs were still hovering at ~$250,000 after turn end.

On all of my three factories, distribution distance would reset to 3,000 miles. In England, I needed minimal distribution as I was only seeling as far as France. But every time I changed the distance, it would reset to 3,000 miles. Whether I clicked "Assign" on the X in the top right, I had zero control over the distance the minute I exited the shipping window.

In desperation, I closed all UK branches and factories (again with war in mind) this achieved nothing and the cost was still the same.

I can't verify when this started, at full production I was covering the shortfall easy, but I only started to notice it after I had taken the contract.

Something simple I've missed or game issue? I can upload the save if necessary.
If it was during the war, you should not be allowed to produce anything but Military contracts for your HQ country. This could be why it was resetting everytime.

If you could send me the save file I could verify.

To get the save file:
Right Click the game in Steam
Select Properties
Select Local Files tab
Click Browse Local Content (Or browse local files, forget which)
Save games will be in the GearCity, SaveGame folder.

You can zip them up and upload them here, or you can email them to admin@ventdev.com
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Don't know what year it starts having an effect, this was all in 1912, didn't get to 1914.

Will send you the file today. Quick response! Smile