Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Request: List Moddable Files in the readme or a new Sticky
Hey, can i ask for 1model for 3dsmax? I want to create some good cars, but i need the hierarchy and some other stuff to make it work Smile
(01-30-2014, 08:08 AM)skyleen Wrote: Hey, can i ask for 1model for 3dsmax? I want to create some good cars, but i need the hierarchy and some other stuff to make it work Smile

What exactly do you need to know - ask and I will do my best to explain
Here is a very old tutorial I wrote up a long time ago: http://gearcity.info/Tutorial/tutorials/vehicle.html

Bug mrx_ua for any specifics. Smile

Note we're not accepting any more paid artwork. You're more than welcome to release some art mods though. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(01-30-2014, 09:57 AM)Eric.B Wrote: Here is a very old tutorial I wrote up a long time ago: http://gearcity.info/Tutorial/tutorials/vehicle.html

Bug mrx_ua for any specifics. Smile

Note we're not accepting any more paid artwork. You're more than welcome to release some art mods though. Smile

Ohh, it's perfect Smile Thanks, see you soon Wink
Uhhh, also, can i request the GC Model tester? i get 404 Sad
(01-30-2014, 12:20 PM)skyleen Wrote: Uhhh, also, can i request the GC Model tester? i get 404 Sad

No need for it, use the stand alone car designer built into the game.

After you export your mesh, copy it into the Cars.zip file located in /media/models/cars/

Then you'll need to add a line to the components.xml file.

Find the <CarModels> tag. In that tag add this:
<car name="NameofTheCar" type="CarType (needs to be the exact name as the car types in the <CarType> tag" model="filename.mesh" year="year you want it to be used" death="year you want to stop using it" designreq="5" pass="how many passengers" />

Change the stuff in the quotes.

If you did it right you'll be able to see/use your car in the game/standalone designer.

When I start working on the mod tools i'll make it where you just have to drop the mesh in a folder and it'll work. Tongue
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
(01-30-2014, 12:52 PM)Eric.B Wrote:
(01-30-2014, 12:20 PM)skyleen Wrote: Uhhh, also, can i request the GC Model tester? i get 404 Sad

No need for it, use the stand alone car designer built into the game.

After you export your mesh, copy it into the Cars.zip file located in /media/models/cars/

Then you'll need to add a line to the components.xml file.

Find the <CarModels> tag. In that tag add this:
<car name="NameofTheCar" type="CarType (needs to be the exact name as the car types in the <CarType> tag" model="filename.mesh" year="year you want it to be used" death="year you want to stop using it" designreq="5" pass="how many passengers" />

Change the stuff in the quotes.

If you did it right you'll be able to see/use your car in the game/standalone designer.

When I start working on the mod tools i'll make it where you just have to drop the mesh in a folder and it'll work. Tongue

Okay, nearly the same, i just asked because maybe it's faster with model viewer Smile
And also, i seen these lines in components.xml hours before i asked for model Smile i checked everything about possibilities to add new cars...
If you really want the viewer I think this is it: http://gearcity.info/Files/GearCity%20ArtTools.rar
or http://gearcity.info/Files/GearCityTools0.71.rar

not 100% sure though.
Ohh, now i understand why you sayd to use the game's body designer Smile It's nearly the same...

And also i have some problems here, i made everything but my test model just crash... if someone have some time, please check it.

It's for 3dsmay '13
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/84498600/file.html
Check the log file for details why it crashed. You can find the the log file by going to start>all programs>GearCity Open Beta> GearCity Data Folder.

The file is logfile.log upload it on here and I can tell you what's wrong with the file. Smile