Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.12 Progress
20 basic tutorial videos have been included in 1.12.
These videos will be re-recorded at a future date, but the current ones should help out any noobs to the game! Smile

Advance video tutorials, all audio tutorials, and the manual have not been completed in time. I underestimated the time it takes to write a user manual. It has to be the boring-est thing I've ever done on the game! biggrin

Anyway, I have a little more stuff to clean up in the tutorial GUI, then I'll start knocking off bugs until the weekend. Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
(02-25-2014, 02:13 PM)Eric.B Wrote: I underestimated the time it takes to write a user manual. It has to be the boring-est thing I've ever done on the game! biggrin

Reading those damned things are already boring enough, I don't envy you at all having to WRITE one of them oh
(02-25-2014, 12:37 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Probably Saturday or Sunday... Sorry :|

I start a new job on Monday! Releasing the update the day before? That's just rude!!! LOL

Can't wait =)
(02-25-2014, 05:27 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote:
(02-25-2014, 12:37 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Probably Saturday or Sunday... Sorry :|

I start a new job on Monday! Releasing the update the day before? That's just rude!!! LOL

Can't wait =)

You could always bring it into your new job on a flash drive and play at work! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
A few more bug fixes as we get closer to a finished 1.12 build:
Fixed Shipping Priority Check Bugs.
Minor Adjustment to Sales Priority Values
Fixed retool all branches bug,
Fixed retool all factories bug,
Fixed retool branches/factories incorrect values.
Fixed bug in random events that charge you for AI expenses.
Fixed $0 Component Bug
Adjusted Degrade values
Degrade only effects components younger than a certain year.
Included Minimum Component value.
Fixed Bankruptcy Flags reset.

Two or three more days of bug fixes then we'll be ready for 1.12 build. Smile
(02-26-2014, 12:53 PM)Eric.B Wrote: You could always bring it into your new job on a flash drive and play at work! Smile

lol, possiblt a good way to kill time on a Friday afternoon!
Few more bugs knocked out, the build is almost finalized.

Here is what we have:
Removal of vehicles from sale will remove marketing
Fixed scroll bar clipping in megamenu
Fixed component contracting price display
Fixed marketing staff auto tools bugs
Fixed loan assists and updated all companies assists
Fixed Loan Interest Rates and monthly payments
Possibly fixed broken marque component contracting bug.
Fixed Discontinued components window issues
Marketing Skills Report now is relative instead of absolute.
Fixed regional combobox bug
Fixed Latvia crash bug.
Adjusted radio and tv marketing amounts.
Fixed various GUI number issues.
Shuffled around the intro song, replaced game over music.
Starting my final play through, unless any major breaking bugs are apparent then 1.12 is finished.
Final builds are compiling:
http://xkcd.com/303/

Think I'll play a video game or something while my computer is chugging along.
Video player doesn't like windows directory spaces...
20 lines of code changed, another 2 hours of compiling... Smile

If you hop on IRC, you might be able to snag a patch before it's released to the public... (Key word: "Might" not sure how fast I can upload it...)