Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.12 Progress
Sounds like the worst part is over Smile
(02-14-2014, 01:54 AM)Sarchez Wrote: Sounds like the worst part is over Smile

Oh Tuesday will be worse. Ever hear my voice? Make sure the tutorial sound is muted! biggrin
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
So I've started working and clearing out some of the bugs on the bug list.

I've found 2 or 3 possible locations of the Office/End Turn crash. And have made it where it shouldn't crash at those spots. However, I'm not sure what is causing the crash (because It took me 20 hours just to crash one time) so only the effect has been solved. Odd behaviour may occur, if it does please upload the logs!

On top of that the, "Mega Menu won't open bug" has been fixed as well as the "Can't design chassis on hard" bug have been fixed.

I've also changed Broad Based Marketing to Brand Marketing.

More changes are to come over the next few days, so stay tuned! Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Sundays and Mondays I don't get much work done, sorry about that.

However I did get some work done tonight, here is the breakdown:
Fixed bug not allowing Chassis Design on Hard Mode
Fixed bug in displaying of contracts income
Fixed bug in contracting sales numbers
Fixed bug in contracting reports
Fixed bug of city's name during a destruction random event
Fixed newspaper crash when merging occurs.

The contracting bug has opened a new can of worms, as it's not very easy to make money off contracting parts. So I will need to do some tweaking to this, as well fix one or two more bugs in the AI system...
Been a while since I've given an update, so here it is:
We've fixed a number of bugs:
Switzerland Wage bug
Bug allowing you to design any engine regardless of skill
Electric Engine description bug

I've also implemented a video tutorial system. GUI for both the Audio and Video tutorials, and as of right now recorded 6 tutorials (Roughly 34 planned)

If I get all the video/audio tutorials finished before the manual is edited, I will go ahead and launch 1.12. Smile
(02-20-2014, 01:24 PM)Eric.B Wrote: Been a while since I've given an update, so here it is:
We've fixed a number of bugs:
Switzerland Wage bug
Bug allowing you to design any engine regardless of skill
Electric Engine description bug

I've also implemented a video tutorial system. GUI for both the Audio and Video tutorials, and as of right now recorded 6 tutorials (Roughly 34 planned)

If I get all the video/audio tutorials finished before the manual is edited, I will go ahead and launch 1.12. Smile
Im looking forward to it Smile
Thanks for the updates.
I've just finished recording the last "basic" tutorial. There are twenty of them all together.

It'll take a day or two to edit them and get them in game. I think I will wait to work on the advance tutorials.

For most of you these tutorials won't matter, but for new users it should be helpful. I hope.

In anycase if all goes well I can get back to working on bugs Tuesday. Hopefully we can get a build out before the end of the month! Smile
How excitement!
So close I can smell it!
So...February is a rather short month...any chance we'll get our greedy little hands on this in the next few days? Can't wait!
Probably Saturday or Sunday... Sorry :|