Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GearCity 1.12 Progress
(01-14-2014, 11:04 PM)Eric.B Wrote: IPO prices have been adjusted making it harder to cash in on the insane amounts of money you could get from an IPO in 1.10...

Sorry Laurent, no more 300million dollar IPOs for you! Tongue

Hahahaha, too bad for me Wink

Sound great anyway, bringing obviously more realism into the game!

On an other hand, a little question/suggestion though: Don't you think AI builds too many branches and factories, let's say unrelevant ones?

For example, I seriously doubt that 1910s brands would ever been producing nor selling cars in weird places, like Peru or exotic ones in real life...

For more accuracy or realism, I would suggest that they expand a little more slowly, as I think it originally was, again in real life. I admit they could have the opportunity to sell there one or two cars to rich "colons" (no offense here) in exotic places but still, not having branches...

On the same level, I do not know any brand (well, let's say french ones as I know them better then the rest) that would expand in the US market so quickly (or any other one, also considering that they still have not nowadays). Without the telecommunication systems that we all know now, well, running a company on both continents would be such a mess in those days...
"I build the cars I like. If people wished to buy them, well, that could possibly be arranged." E. BUGATTI
Yes, they are expanding branches a little too quickly, it's a lot better than it was however. Factories, probably not so much. AI is having a hard time keeping up with demand. I may need to change the clustering formula a little.

The AI is going to Peru due to the Peru bug mentioned in the Bugs forums Smile
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski
Alright another day and another morning. Here is what I got done for you guys:

AI branch wear bug
Player Sales drop due to AI branch wear bug
Adjusted AI branch expansion rate.
Negative top speed when loading a vehicle
Fixed floor clipping when loaded vehicle
Fixed crash in car designer with unselected models
Fixed wrong text in stop sales quick menu
Fixed bug in world map showing sales from 2 months rather than last month.
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
Been a while since I've updated this thread, sorry about that.
Progress has slowed slightly due to minor health issues, but I'm still working on the game, so don't worry! This is a vaporware free zone. Wink

I still continue working on just the text portion of the manual. Which will be integrated into the game. Office is almost covered, already up to 12 pages of pure text... The final game manual will probably be a few hundreds pages with pictures and quotes and everything!

I've also been working on the "Assisted" design system, which I'll show pretty pictures of when it's completed. This work will eventually translate into me fixing the spec numbers and tweaking the AI building habits some.

Here is a list of bugs I've knocked out since the last post:
  • Peru growth rate bug
  • Save game overwrite bug
  • Fixed another issue with unbranded AI vehicles
  • Adjusted stock takeover vote results making it a little harder to takeover.
  • Fixed scientific notation bug for marketing again... shoot me with Sarchez's tennis ball cannon if it comes back.
Will the speed limit bug be fixed in 1.12?
There's another thread about cars being unable to go over 30 km/h somewhere it I've list it since registering so I figured I'd as here instead =)
(01-27-2014, 09:57 PM)Frankschtaldt Wrote: Will the speed limit bug be fixed in 1.12?
There's another thread about cars being unable to go over 30 km/h somewhere it I've list it since registering so I figured I'd as here instead =)

My current plans are this:

Working on Manual - Always

Assisted Design System - 75% done (Quickly design cars/components)
Fix AI component's component selection (used in assisted design system)
Fix Specs (Includes the speed limit bug)
More detailed advice in Advance Design mode. (Tells you what kind of car your components would be good for)
Integrate Manual so you can read it in game.
Voice Tutorial System. (Voice acted by me, temporary. (WARNING! MUTE THE VOLUME!))
Easy bugs in bug forums
1.12 Release.

Been going a little slower than I hoped, but it'll get done.
Awesome! Thanks for the update! =)
The assisted design system has been completed. This system should reduce slider tediousness for those who do not enjoy designing their own components. In the assisted system the AI will set the sliders to levels it believes works best for your selected vehicle type. The user does have options to adjust a few sliders which effect multiple sliders. This allows the player to fine tune costs and complexity of the design.

Also ratings bug has been fixed which caused overall ratings of components and vehicles to be maxed out.

I will now start working on the AI component design system as it sometimes chooses inappropriate components for vehicles.
(01-30-2014, 11:01 PM)Eric.B Wrote: The assisted design system has been completed. This system should reduce slider tediousness for those who do not enjoy designing their own components. In the assisted system the AI will set the sliders to levels it believes works best for your selected vehicle type. The user does have options to adjust a few sliders which effect multiple sliders. This allows the player to fine tune costs and complexity of the design.

Also ratings bug has been fixed which caused overall ratings of components and vehicles to be maxed out.

I will now start working on the AI component design system as it sometimes chooses inappropriate components for vehicles.

Thanks for the update. Im looking forward to seeing the assisted design system, by the sound of it it might make it much easier for new players to familiarize themselves with the game.
Alright we've adjusted and fixed some bugs in the AI chassis/engine/gearbox component selection code.
More realistic components are now being made, however there are a few too many electrics for my liking. But this is something I'll take care of when I get around to adding component popularity. (To both designs and population taste's)

Now I get to work on the lovely task of fixing all the specs. Rejoice!