Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First success - Gellard
Okay, so the first company ever which was a success, was also the first one which I messed up the save file on. It ended therefore as early as 1907. (sorry for lack of actual prices, numbers, etc, but I as said I can't load the savefile, it was zip'ed and uploaded here which probably wrecked it...) I played on normal.

Anyway, Gellard was founded in Leeds year 1900. First car was an obvious choice, a microcar known as the Gellard Ladybird Mark 1 (y1900). It was fairly cheap, basic, very small chassis and engine. Sold in massive numbers. It was later followed up by a pure experiment, the Gellard Ladybirdmark1, another microcar... mad It was supposed to be called Ladybird Mark 1 Electric, since it had an electric engine but the naming f' up. This was also a success, mostly selling in London.

Besides London we also had branches in Leeds, Birmingham and Paris at the time. The factory in Leeds was quickly expanding, and by the end it had 19 production lines... I think I also built a town car at this point with the old systems, but can't remember for sure.

But weaks systems are a bit dull, not enough umpf in them. So obviously I did the sensible thing, and built a completely new set of chassis, engine and gearbox, made sure the engine compartment was as long as possible, since I threw a (I think) straight 6 in it. Wink A useless badly designed weak straight 6. After placing this setup in a Touring car and a Sedan (the tourer was called Zebra (show-off animal) and the Sedan Raven (fancy, black, fast, a bit shiny)). Directly after they finished the Raven I decided to build a new V8 to replace the straight 6.

By this time I had also decided to expand further into Europe, and I needed a new factory so I built one in Lyon, also expanding with new branches in Lyon and Marseille. At this point I also zip'ed the file and screwed there it up....

SO my first success was Gellard. I had perhaps somewhere around 12M in the bank, owned a majority of the shares in two other companies. Designed 5 cars, would shortly try to replace the old Ladybird from y1900.

Messages In This Thread
First success - Gellard - by ChaapaNA - 10-13-2013, 10:59 AM
RE: First success - Gellard - by Eric.B - 10-13-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: First success - Gellard - by Endders - 11-19-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: First success - Gellard - by Eric.B - 11-19-2013, 06:36 PM
RE: First success - Gellard - by ChaapaNA - 10-13-2013, 05:30 PM