Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestige/Image Ratings Sometimes Shows Defunct Marques
I noticed this while considering acquiring Oldsmobile tonight.  If a single-marque company goes bankrupt, it ceases to show up in the Prestige/Image report.  However, if a marque is acquired by another company, and then that acquiring company goes bankrupt, then only the acquirer's original marque is removed from Prestige/Image, and not any child marques it has acquired.

My guess is the report excludes any marques with an active status of -1, and since these acquired-but-parent-bankrupt marques have a status of 0 (acquired), they still show up.  I'm distinguishing acquired from acquired-but-now-bankrupt in my Executive Secretary utility by doing a lookup on the parent company for all companies that show as 0 (acquired).

Confirmed in both 2.0.3.1 and 2.0.0.6 (200000060).  Admittedly I've been playing setups that are ultra-violent nightmares for survivability, resulting in more bankruptcies, so I'm more likely to notice this, and I had not noticed it when considering acquiring marques in that 2.0.0.6 save.

Sample save: BM-2.3.0.0.zip , with sites files here.  Abla was acquired by now-bankrupt Clyde, but still shows up in the list.  Whereas Aboot-Detroit simply went bankrupt and does not appear in it.

(I also realize this is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things; the positive feedback to previous reports has encouraged my natural software testing tendencies)

Side question, can a company's active status ever be -2?  I know -3 is "not yet founded", -1 is "bankrupt", 0 is "acquired", and 1 is "active".  At one point I'd guessed -2 was "discontinued", but that is "-1" with a parent company that isn't bankrupt, and I've yet to find a -2.

Messages In This Thread
Prestige/Image Ratings Sometimes Shows Defunct Marques - by JC_Denton - 03-20-2024, 01:58 AM