Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milestone #2 Voting Results!
Greetings everyone,

Milestone #2 voting has concluded. The winner is Bounty #1065 Hatchback Styles: Liftbacks.

It was a close race, with #1145 Semi-Truck Styles: Cab Over and #1213 Military Utility: 6-Wheeled Cargo Trucks (6x6) leading at various times. A caucusing change seemed to be the deciding factor.

We had 687 votes cast from 16 users, bringing us to an appalling 8.8% participation rate, using 11.9% of the votes. The results show an interesting disconnect between folks willing to contribute and our second biggest complaint from reviews, returns, and our most vocally requested features.

Nonetheless, work on the new vehicle designer has already begun. I've created a new metafile format for each model that stores the GUI layouts, images, and animations. The game reads the information from this file and generates about half of the UI needed. Sergy is working on an example vehicle that will allow us to confirm formatting before he moves to make all the Liftbacks.

The next milestone, Milestone #3, has a goal of $2000. This low goal should allow us to fund it quicker and return to adding features the community seems more interested in. We will continue alternating between Vehicle Artwork only on even milestones and all other bounties on odd. After a few iterations of this, I will raise the bounty limits and let the artwork stand on its own.

I hope to get Milestone #2 finished in about a month. However, because this milestone relies on a third-party contractor, I can not guarantee he will complete the artwork on time. It won't delay work on Milestone #3 if the community funds it before Milestone #2 finishes.

Thank you all for contributing and voting. I look forward to upgrading our vehicle designer and adding more hatchback styles with improved graphics quality.

Voting Results:
"great writers are indecent people, they live unfairly, saving the best part for paper.
good human beings save the world, so that bastards like me can keep creating art, become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead it means I made it." ― Charles Bukowski

Messages In This Thread
Milestone #2 Voting Results! - by Eric.B - 09-27-2023, 10:50 AM
RE: Milestone #2 Voting Results! - by ZyZla87 - 09-27-2023, 08:07 PM
RE: Milestone #2 Voting Results! - by Eric.B - 09-27-2023, 11:36 PM
RE: Milestone #2 Voting Results! - by Marviluck - 09-28-2023, 01:38 AM
RE: Milestone #2 Voting Results! - by Eric.B - 09-28-2023, 01:53 AM
RE: Milestone #2 Voting Results! - by JC_Denton - 09-28-2023, 01:30 PM
RE: Milestone #2 Voting Results! - by Eric.B - 09-29-2023, 12:34 AM