Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Generic Designs" Checkbox
A question about "Generic Designs", the check box in the mod tools.

According to the documentation, " This checkbox will remove the AI using the behavior weights when selecting a vehicle type. Instead the AI will build many different types of vehicles under their marque. Typically going for what is most popular."

So I thought, if I uncheck it, and I'm using, say, the Truck Company preset, those companies should highly focus on building trucks, if not exclusively then significantly preferentially.

However, the check box doesn't seem to stick when I change it.  I uncheck if, select a different company, and when I go back to the first one it's re-checked.

Thus I haven't been able to figure out if it has the desired effect.

I'm also curious what the XML value is.  It seems to always be -1.0, but I'm guessing that if it were unchecked in the UI, it would have a different value, I'm just not sure what that is.

Definitely a cool intention behind that check box - I really want my truck companies to make trucks - but so far by truck companies are making landaulets and shooting brakes and surprisingly often not many trucks.

(At a higher level I'm also experimenting with the AI tweaking values in general.  Some of them seem to be having the intended effect, the luxury-focused companies seem to be climbing the luxury reputation ladder for example.  Others still need more data to say, or maybe I just need to set them to father-out values)

Messages In This Thread
"Generic Designs" Checkbox - by JC_Denton - 05-21-2023, 01:57 AM
RE: "Generic Designs" Checkbox - by Eric.B - 05-21-2023, 02:08 AM
RE: "Generic Designs" Checkbox - by JC_Denton - 05-21-2023, 11:12 AM
RE: "Generic Designs" Checkbox - by Eric.B - 05-22-2023, 12:06 AM
RE: "Generic Designs" Checkbox - by JC_Denton - 05-23-2023, 09:10 PM
RE: "Generic Designs" Checkbox - by JC_Denton - 06-18-2023, 02:21 AM
RE: "Generic Designs" Checkbox - by kurmolke - 07-31-2023, 08:09 AM
RE: "Generic Designs" Checkbox - by Eric.B - 07-31-2023, 10:50 AM