Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displaying Custom Maps in-game: Tutorial and Japan/Korea Screenshot
Those aren't Japanese/Korean cities, but the ones in Europe from Europe test. I now realize that why they are where they are is because I haven't modified the GPS coordinates of the map, and because the dimensions (including aspect ratio) are different than Europe Test. I figured out the coordinates of my map selection by roughly lining it up on Google maps sateillite view and wrote them down, so I should be able to add that.

At first I was trying to get actual Japanese and Korean cities from the Base City Map, but there seems to be an issue in the City Editor where if you link it to a TurnEvents file and remove a city, it crashes (it works with AI files that are linked). So I didn't have a good way to scrub city references from TurnEvents, and decided to focus on the unknown part which is the map. A side goal is to have "blank" city/AI files, and no-cities-linked TurnEvents, to make it easier to start from scratch in new regions. I can probably scrub the TurnEvents programmatically pretty quickly to create that but it was 3 AM.

Good to know that the game is popular in Japan, I wouldn't have known! Yeah, I can probably package it up as a "base map with a handful of cities to start with" in the near future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Displaying Custom Maps in-game: Tutorial and Japan/Korea Screenshot - by JC_Denton - 09-10-2022, 10:03 PM